Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Recent beta for Main Wall, Paradise Rock and The Library
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mountaingen

Apr 4, 2011, 1:41 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Recent beta for Main Wall, Paradise Rock and The Library  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Northeastern_Region: Mocanaqua_Areas)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Stayed at Council Cup Campground on Friday evening and climbed at Paradise Rock, with a visit to the Library and Main Wall. Paradise rock was cold but dry for the most part. Ground is free of snow. Watch out for loose rocks from the winter. We got our share of it after climbing Broken Fingers.

I walked over to the library and most of the routes were dried. There was still some ice on some of the wall, and the green moss all over the walls didn't make me want to climb just yet, but its looking good.

I also drove to the Mainwall and no snow there. Wall was dry. The top of the climbs is clear too.

Enjoy!!

ps: I was a little disappointed by the amount of trash I saw in the area. Some areas were just complete dumps. I'm hoping to do some clean up with my students if I bring them down, a little service project.

rstaud

Aug 17, 2011, 7:57 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1224 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mountaingen] Recent beta for Main Wall, Paradise Rock and The Library [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Was up this past week to Mainwall and did not see much trash, ran off a guy in a beat pickup who came in with a woman passenger planning to dump their load of garbage. this lovely couple were very annoyed to run into climbers

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook