RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

p8ntballsk8r

Apr 19, 2011, 5:53 PM
Post #1 of 4 (3510 views)
Shortcut

Weight training and diet
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been lifting a lot lately, for those of you who not only climb but also lift, do you find it beneficial to not only aim for 12 reps at the highest weight possible, but also drop the weight significantly and aim for as many reps as possible? I was told this will help work on my muscle endurance and allow me to get in more climbs and flash more routes with having to stop due to fatigue.

As far as diet goes, I'm more wondering about the affects of taking protein supplements such as whey after climbing, and if there is anything other than time that will aid in the recovery of tendons

dugl33

Apr 19, 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (3446 views)
Shortcut

Re: [p8ntballsk8r] Weight training and diet [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

p8ntballsk8r wrote:
I've been lifting a lot lately, for those of you who not only climb but also lift, do you find it beneficial to not only aim for 12 reps at the highest weight possible, but also drop the weight significantly and aim for as many reps as possible? I was told this will help work on my muscle endurance and allow me to get in more climbs and flash more routes with having to stop due to fatigue.

As far as diet goes, I'm more wondering about the affects of taking protein supplements such as whey after climbing, and if there is anything other than time that will aid in the recovery of tendons

http://stuff.mit.edu/...andros/doc/TWFH.html

Cool

flesh

Apr 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #3 of 4 (3392 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dugl33] Weight training and diet [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dugl33 wrote:
p8ntballsk8r wrote:

http://stuff.mit.edu/...andros/doc/TWFH.html

Cool

Sweet, totally agree with JL. HIgh reps, every muscle group, you don't want to put on much mass! Also the less you weigh the less muscle you need to climb hard and prevent injury.

Zman36

May 10, 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2993 views)
Shortcut

Re: [p8ntballsk8r] Weight training and diet [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I took the WFH and put it into an excell spreadsheet to help trach progress and record weight used for workouts. Might help some. I like it, it helps me stay on track and track my progress with workouts. I particularly like this workout. I'll let ya know in a couple months how it worked out for me.

(This post was edited by Zman36 on May 10, 2011, 12:40 AM)
Attachments: WFH.xlsx (11.1 KB)

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook