Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

 


Arrogant_Bastard


Mar 4, 2011, 2:51 PM
Post #1 of 24 (5730 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2007
Posts: 19994

The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (9 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yet another example of a user providing helpful feedback on an important issue (that he knows something about) only to get lambasted by another user for things that have nothing to do with the topic of discussion. This has got to stop. In this case (see link below) Adatesman was discussing the Alien cams and potential knock-offs when USNavy jumps in with a climbing grade spraydown. I don't see a single one of you guys jumping in and doing something with your Mod Powers. What gives? You only use your powers for your own amusements?

http://mountainproject.com/...ith_cch/107055444__1


blondgecko
Moderator

Mar 4, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #2 of 24 (5704 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Why did you link to a pissing match on mountainproject.com? And why oh why did I read it all?


snoopy138


Mar 4, 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #3 of 24 (5693 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28865

Re: [blondgecko] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

blondgecko wrote:
Why did you link to a pissing match on mountainproject.com? And why oh why did I read it all?

so you read it all but failed to do anything about USNavy's personal attacks?


blondgecko
Moderator

Mar 4, 2011, 5:44 PM
Post #4 of 24 (5689 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [snoopy138] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
Why did you link to a pissing match on mountainproject.com? And why oh why did I read it all?

so you read it all but failed to do anything about USNavy's personal attacks?

I'm so sorry. I'm a failure as a mod. Blush


Partner philbox
Moderator

Mar 5, 2011, 3:11 AM
Post #5 of 24 (5647 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13104

Re: [blondgecko] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blondgecko wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
Why did you link to a pissing match on mountainproject.com? And why oh why did I read it all?

so you read it all but failed to do anything about USNavy's personal attacks?

I'm so sorry. I'm a failure as a mod. Blush

You mustn't have gotten the memo about us mods now having moderation permissions for the whole of the intarwebatubes.


blondgecko
Moderator

Mar 5, 2011, 3:46 PM
Post #6 of 24 (5603 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [philbox] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
Why did you link to a pissing match on mountainproject.com? And why oh why did I read it all?

so you read it all but failed to do anything about USNavy's personal attacks?

I'm so sorry. I'm a failure as a mod. Blush

You mustn't have gotten the memo about us mods now having moderation permissions for the whole of the intarwebatubes.

The wha...?

Those fools! They don't know what they've done! The power... the raw, unmitigated power! I'll...

Oh, wait. You were joking.

<ahem>

Blush

Carry on everyone. Nothing to see here.


adatesman


Mar 6, 2011, 1:08 AM
Post #7 of 24 (5570 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 3479

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Yet another example of a user providing helpful feedback on an important issue (that he knows something about) only to get lambasted by another user for things that have nothing to do with the topic of discussion. This has got to stop. In this case (see link below) Adatesman was discussing the Alien cams and potential knock-offs when USNavy jumps in with a climbing grade spraydown. I don't see a single one of you guys jumping in and doing something with your Mod Powers. What gives? You only use your powers for your own amusements?

http://mountainproject.com/...ith_cch/107055444__1


Only checking in because Marge and Lena both said over FB that I'm missed here. Gotta say it doesn't look like I missed much, but hot damn if I don't understand why AB's post only got 3 stars. I'd give it 11/5 if I could, but I no longer have those powers (I actually recall it being 10x regular votes, but no longer have access to the discussion about it and have an admittedly faulty memory). I will give it what little I can though, AB. I almost snorted your namesake beer out my nose at this (no idea whu I happened to pull that bottle out of the fridge at this moment, but there you go.)

Ok, I'm outta here before JT, Curt and USN catch wind of me being back and start in on me again.

Oh, and speaking of USN... BG&Phil- are you sure you don't have those sorts of powers? I'm really rather tired of him following me around like a puppydog who insists on peeing in my shoes (while I'm wearing them). First here, then on FB, then on ST, and now on MP.... Sigh. If it's a paying for coding issue I could hold a bake sale to fund it.... Or beer.... I make damn good beer.

Ok, I'm really out of here now. Marge&Lena, I'm sorry. I can't do it, as I'm still pissed at how things went down. As I said on FB when Lena got the Green I really wanted to come back simply to give her a headache, but I can't do it. Sorry. Frown

-a.

ps- And AB, seriously, that's the best I've seen from you in a _long_ time. Laugh Drop me a line at some point if you like, as I'm curious who you are on MP.


Partner philbox
Moderator

Mar 6, 2011, 2:12 AM
Post #8 of 24 (5565 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13104

Re: [adatesman] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Yet another example of a user providing helpful feedback on an important issue (that he knows something about) only to get lambasted by another user for things that have nothing to do with the topic of discussion. This has got to stop. In this case (see link below) Adatesman was discussing the Alien cams and potential knock-offs when USNavy jumps in with a climbing grade spraydown. I don't see a single one of you guys jumping in and doing something with your Mod Powers. What gives? You only use your powers for your own amusements?

http://mountainproject.com/...ith_cch/107055444__1


Only checking in because Marge and Lena both said over FB that I'm missed here. Gotta say it doesn't look like I missed much, but hot damn if I don't understand why AB's post only got 3 stars. I'd give it 11/5 if I could, but I no longer have those powers (I actually recall it being 10x regular votes, but no longer have access to the discussion about it and have an admittedly faulty memory). I will give it what little I can though, AB. I almost snorted your namesake beer out my nose at this (no idea whu I happened to pull that bottle out of the fridge at this moment, but there you go.)

Ok, I'm outta here before JT, Curt and USN catch wind of me being back and start in on me again.

Oh, and speaking of USN... BG&Phil- are you sure you don't have those sorts of powers? I'm really rather tired of him following me around like a puppydog who insists on peeing in my shoes (while I'm wearing them). First here, then on FB, then on ST, and now on MP.... Sigh. If it's a paying for coding issue I could hold a bake sale to fund it.... Or beer.... I make damn good beer.

Ok, I'm really out of here now. Marge&Lena, I'm sorry. I can't do it, as I'm still pissed at how things went down. As I said on FB when Lena got the Green I really wanted to come back simply to give her a headache, but I can't do it. Sorry. Frown

-a.

ps- And AB, seriously, that's the best I've seen from you in a _long_ time. Laugh Drop me a line at some point if you like, as I'm curious who you are on MP.

Hey Aric, it was partly due to what went down with you that a lot of changes have been instituted. Glad to see you drop by mate. I could also say, they all come back (tm), but I won't. Laugh


sungam


Apr 23, 2011, 9:44 AM
Post #9 of 24 (5296 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26622

Re: [adatesman] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

They always come back (tm)!


(I always wanted to do that...)


mojomonkey


Jun 12, 2012, 1:15 PM
Post #10 of 24 (4684 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 854

Re: [sungam] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...


Partner macherry


Jun 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #11 of 24 (4656 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15809

Re: [mojomonkey] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?


snoopy138


Jun 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #12 of 24 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28865

Re: [macherry] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.


edge


Jun 13, 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #13 of 24 (4643 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [snoopy138] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.

You mean that troll who reeks of Bud light lime? Sounds good, but there's an 80% chance he'll be back.


caughtinside


Jun 13, 2012, 2:28 PM
Post #14 of 24 (4635 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30471

Re: [edge] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

edge wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.

You mean that troll who reeks of Bud light lime? Sounds good, but there's an 80% chance he'll be back.

Angelic

*pours out sip of BLL for dead homie AB*


Partner macherry


Jun 13, 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #15 of 24 (4631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15809

Re: [edge] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

edge wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.

You mean that troll who reeks of Bud light lime? Sounds good, but there's an 80% chance he'll be back.

give me back my mod badge and i'd be all over it!!!


dr_feelgood


Jun 13, 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #16 of 24 (4622 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25945

Re: [snoopy138] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.
If you ban caughtinside, you'll have to ban all of his accounts. Exterminate them like roaches.


caughtinside


Jun 13, 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #17 of 24 (4618 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30471

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

try banning Caughtinside, that will probably help.
If you ban caughtinside, you'll have to ban all of his accounts. Exterminate them like roaches.

Hard to Kill!!

AngelicAngelicAngelicAngelic


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2012, 7:14 PM
Post #18 of 24 (4599 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [macherry] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

sit back and laugh? hey, it's more than they do now.


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2012, 7:37 PM
Post #19 of 24 (4597 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

sit back and laugh? hey, it's more than they do now.

I have no idea who is really right or wrong in these arguments, but I have to say that Aric simply does not know how to shut up and move on. Trolling him must be one of the easiest things to do on the internet.

Poor guy.


curt


Jun 14, 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #20 of 24 (4579 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18234

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I have no idea who is really right or wrong in these arguments, but I have to say that Aric simply does not know how to shut up and move on...

Who?

Curt


Gmburns2000


Jun 14, 2012, 5:18 AM
Post #21 of 24 (4566 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [curt] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I have no idea who is really right or wrong in these arguments, but I have to say that Aric simply does not know how to shut up and move on...

Who?

Curt

heh


mojomonkey


Jun 14, 2012, 6:06 AM
Post #22 of 24 (4559 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 854

Re: [macherry] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

It was probably that defeatist attitude that lost you your green, wasn't it?


Partner macherry


Jun 14, 2012, 7:26 AM
Post #23 of 24 (4552 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15809

Re: [mojomonkey] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

It was probably that defeatist attitude that lost you your green, wasn't it?


crap, now everyone knows


Gmburns2000


Jun 14, 2012, 8:58 AM
Post #24 of 24 (4542 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [macherry] The Ad Hominem Attacks Continue [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
macherry wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USNavy and Aric are still wrangling over Aliens, while the mods here do nothing...

it's on another website, what do want the mods at rc.com to do?

It was probably that defeatist attitude that lost you your green, wasn't it?


crap, now everyone knows

we always knew


Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook