RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

arnS

Apr 30, 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #1 of 3 (551 views)
Shortcut

Climbing/trekking trip July
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone !

I'd like to go for a 3-week climbing trip to the Mountain States from around July 5th or so to late July. Sport climbing or trad, why not a little bouldering as well. Possibly with some trekking as well ! Just arrived in the US three weeks ago, so I'm looking for climbing mates interested in such an idea.

A little about me : a French guy, 22, a came to the US (Texas at the moment) for a 3-month internship for my studies in engineering. Big climbing buff :) I'm also found of outdoor sports in general (ski mountaineering, biking, trail running...) Outdoors, I mostly climb multipitch, have a good experience of mountain climbing (although not a lot in cracks like you seem to have here :) ) and ice. I recently got down to more more sport climbing, and like this too. Although I don't really know american grades yet, I should be around 5.11...
Also, I'm flying back on Jul 28. I don't have a car, but am ok for renting one if the price is reasonable :) Would prefer camping etc also, my wallet is a student's one :)
I have the gear for mountain climbing (double rope, draws, ..., a (small) rack)) but no single rope here.

Concerning the place, I do have a lot of ideas especially in Wyoming an Colorado but no special plan yet...

Hope to hear from you, don't hesitate to send me an email,

Arnaud

arnaud.sors-2(at)laposte.net

2tford

May 5, 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #2 of 3 (513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [arnS] Climbing/trekking trip July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your E-mail address didn't work. I am in Wyoming. You are a little out of my league. Maybe we could do something in the Winds If you are between trips I am off July 8th through 13th and the 22nd through the 27th so far. That actually might be a little early this year the snow just started to melt.

arnS

May 6, 2011, 9:52 AM
Post #3 of 3 (495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [2tford] Climbing/trekking trip July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for your reply ! I'm surprised the email address didn't work, have you replaced (at) with @ ? (it's for avoiding spams) Yes, all this sounds great, I hope we can arrange this.

Where are you in Wyoming? I guess you may already have ideas about what to climb ?

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook