Premier Sponsor:

USnavy

Apr 30, 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #1 of 11 (766 views)
Shortcut

Goverment sanctioned fuel sales?
Report this Post
Can't Post

With Exxon and her bitchs royally raping America in the ass lately, a few people have suggested we take a more communistic approach to fuel sales. The US government could open its own non-profit fuel manufacture, distribution and retail chain and undercut the oil super giants and drive them out of business, in effect we would have one centralized government controlled fuel retailer, similar to Mexico. This would cut out the profit section of the fuel sales and that trillions that Exxon makes would remain with the people. Would it work? I remember gas in Mexico being a tad on the high side.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Apr 30, 2011, 11:02 PM)

skiclimb

Apr 30, 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #2 of 11 (763 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

exxon and the oil cos have very little to do with the price of gas at the pump right now.

Supply and demand have been overrun by people with a few to many billions of dollars to invest in the commodities markets.

Wanna fix the problem REAL fast??

Put a tax of 60% to 80% on all capitol gains from commodities trading.

USnavy

May 1, 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #3 of 11 (753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skiclimb] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

skiclimb wrote:
exxon and the oil cos have very little to do with the price of gas at the pump right now.
Yet their net worth is higher than its ever been in history. Where did that come from?

skiclimb

May 1, 2011, 8:08 AM
Post #4 of 11 (733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
skiclimb wrote:
Yet their net worth is higher than its ever been in history. Where did that come from?

When you are a supplier and the brokers artificially inflate the price of your product you reap a substantial windfall.

Wall street profits are insane also atm.

In this weird case it's really not the oil co's fault.. Infact the oil supply atm is high. Inventories are ridiculously well stocked but the downward price pressure from high supply at this time is severely overshadowed by runaway commodities speculation.

This is affecting food prices also and is about to get very noticeable.

(This post was edited by skiclimb on May 1, 2011, 8:10 AM)

sungam

May 1, 2011, 8:31 AM
Post #5 of 11 (724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the government seems to run everything else excellently, so why not?

USnavy

May 1, 2011, 9:07 AM
Post #6 of 11 (716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
How would you know, you're from Scotland. Wink

(This post was edited by USnavy on May 1, 2011, 9:07 AM)

petsfed

May 1, 2011, 9:12 AM
Post #7 of 11 (715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Be careful, you sound like reno...

To the topic at hand, if the fed tries to undercut the oil companies, OPEC can simply choose not to sell to them.

enigma

May 1, 2011, 1:13 PM
Post #8 of 11 (693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
With Exxon and her bitchs royally raping America in the ass lately, a few people have suggested we take a more communistic approach to fuel sales. The US government could open its own non-profit fuel manufacture, distribution and retail chain and undercut the oil super giants and drive them out of business, in effect we would have one centralized government controlled fuel retailer, similar to Mexico. This would cut out the profit section of the fuel sales and that trillions that Exxon makes would remain with the people. Would it work? I remember gas in Mexico being a tad on the high side.

More likely a he than a she, besides don't you understand the politics from oil rich countries?
If not might want to read business sections of the NYT and WSJ.

Or my solution, ride a bicycle when you can.

Aren't you planning some long road trip by car for a year to climb?
Might want to concentrate on finding solutions to save money with that idea.
There are many.
Like you can go to Thailand cheap, and climb all year inexpensively without the need for a car. Cool

You can't fight city hall !! Isn't prices in Hawaii high?
Or yes, I forgot you are in the U.S navy so you are used to free food, and lodging with transportation on those cute jeeps. Lucky you!!

notapplicable

May 1, 2011, 9:12 PM
Post #9 of 11 (659 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:

Why do you hate America?

USnavy

May 1, 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #10 of 11 (652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

enigma wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Aren't you planning some long road trip by car for a year to climb?
Might want to concentrate on finding solutions to save money with that idea.
There are many.
Like you can go to Thailand cheap, and climb all year inexpensively without the need for a car. Cool

You can't fight city hall !! Isn't prices in Hawaii high?
Or yes, I forgot you are in the U.S navy so you are used to free food, and lodging with transportation on those cute jeeps. Lucky you!!

Yes I am going on a road trip and I have a plan to save money on fuel. Its a two fold plan, first I bought a car that gets 40 MPG and second I plan on conning my partners into paying for all the fuel. Wink (kidding).

Yes fuel here is a rip off, diesel is $4.80 right now, unleaded about $4.60.

(This post was edited by USnavy on May 1, 2011, 10:43 PM)

sungam

May 2, 2011, 2:43 AM
Post #11 of 11 (645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Goverment sanctioned fuel sales? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
sungam wrote:

Be careful, you sound like reno...

To the topic at hand, if the fed tries to undercut the oil companies, OPEC can simply choose not to sell to them.
Precisely. I was just trying to point out that letting the government do it is far from a cure-all.

There are worse people to sound like...

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$3.56 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)
$80.06 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook