Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

notapplicable

May 1, 2011, 8:53 PM
Post #1 of 20 (1766 views)
Shortcut

I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid.
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
WASHINGTON (AP) President Barack Obama says Osama bin Laden, the glowering mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed thousands of Americans, was killed in an operation led by the United States.

http://www.suntimes.com/...n-laden-is-dead.html

skiclimb

May 1, 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #2 of 20 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good work...!!

but fake news got it wrong again...

pinktricam

May 1, 2011, 9:15 PM
Post #3 of 20 (1754 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

God bless the USA's special operations forces!

petsfed

May 2, 2011, 7:23 AM
Post #4 of 20 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish I could say that I'm happy about this. I mean, of all the deaths that might occur in the world, I'm not going to mourn this one. Just that its been nearly 10 years since we started into Afganistan. Now, finally, the people most able to bring UBL down have been given the means to do so. The question, of course, is "why did it take 9 years to make that change in policy?" Its mostly because Bush and co. were afraid of alienating Musharaf, and also because, about 16 months into Afganistan, we decided to divert those means elsewhere.

What should've been the defining conflict of my generation became a footnote to a highjacking of US policy, and now the climactic end to that defining conflict also passes, as little more than a footnote itself.

curt

May 2, 2011, 7:45 AM
Post #5 of 20 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
In reply to:
WASHINGTON (AP) President Barack Obama says Osama bin Laden, the glowering mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed thousands of Americans, was killed in an operation led by the United States.

Perhaps--but the election is still a long ways off. If this would have happened in Q2 or Q3 of 2012, I would agree with you.

Curt

dr_feelgood

May 2, 2011, 6:36 PM
Post #6 of 20 (1647 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
God bless the USA's special operations forces!
aND gOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!1!!!!!111

veganclimber

May 3, 2011, 5:58 PM
Post #7 of 20 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I love how the republicans are trying to give Bush credit for this one.

Sarah Palin wrote:
"Yesterday was a testament to the military's dedication in relentlessly hunting down the enemy during many years of war. And we thank our president. We thank president Bush."

Eric Cantor wrote:
Nearly a decade ago, in the days after 9/11, President Bush said 'Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done.' Tonight, we've learned that justice has been done. The men and women of our armed forces and intelligence community have fought valiantly for the last decade and this is a major victor and testament to their dedication. I comment President Obama who has followed the vigilance of President Bush in bringing Bin Laden to justice.

Peter King wrote:
In 2001, President Bush said 'we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.' President Bush deserves great credit for putting action behind these words. President Obama deserves equal credit for his resolve in this long war against al-Qaeda.

Karl Rove wrote:
I think the tools that President Bush put into place -- GITMO, rendition, enhanced interrogation, the vast effort to collect and collate this information -- obviously served his successor quite well."

Donald Rumsfeld wrote:
All of this was made possible by the relentless, sustained pressure on al Qaeda that the Bush administration initiated after 9/11 and that the Obama administration has wisely chosen to continue.

What a load of horseshit.

sungam

May 4, 2011, 2:22 AM
Post #8 of 20 (1570 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I truly am not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

sungam

May 4, 2011, 7:17 AM
Post #9 of 20 (1554 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad

May 4, 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #10 of 20 (1545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Jeebus...you're from Scottland...don't you guys still use..like...swords and shit?

sungam

May 4, 2011, 8:11 AM
Post #11 of 20 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
sungam wrote:

Jeebus...you're from Scottland...don't you guys still use..like...swords and shit?
Sorry, what?

I don't see how out dated and over used stereotypes are relevant to that hilarious picture.

p.s. Just in case you haven't seen the full pic (which is pretty interesting):
http://www.flickr.com/...t-72157626507626189/

traddad

May 4, 2011, 8:51 AM
Post #12 of 20 (1526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
traddad wrote:
sungam wrote:

sungum wrote:
Sorry, what?

Was I not typing loud enough?

sungimp wrote:
I don't see how out dated and over used stereotypes are relevant to that hilarious picture.

We prefer the terms "quaint" or "cute".

(just yanking your chain....but I do love that great quote from "Trainspotting":

"It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference! ")

Heh...Scotts on both sides of my family.

sungam

May 4, 2011, 8:53 AM
Post #13 of 20 (1525 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Heh. That's the scene in the mountains, right? I have stood at that very spot.

Partner epoch

May 5, 2011, 8:28 AM
Post #14 of 20 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Navy SEALs admit that they failed to read Bin Laden his Miranda rights.

notapplicable

May 5, 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #15 of 20 (1434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
In reply to:

Perhaps--but the election is still a long ways off. If this would have happened in Q2 or Q3 of 2012, I would agree with you.

Curt

I don't know man. I think a lot of things he has done, or not done in some cases, will have independents voting for him in 2012. The policy decisions his administration made that facilitated Osamas death being amongst them. And while I think most people understand that they have increased the tempo of bombing and intelligence gathering in Pakistan, this makes it indisputable that the decisions he made are bearing fruit.

dan2see

May 6, 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #16 of 20 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bin Laden was killed in the bombing of the Tora Bora hills, in 2001.

veganclimber

May 6, 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #17 of 20 (1403 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan2see] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
Bin Laden was killed in the bombing of the Tora Bora hills, in 2001.

No, I'm pretty sure it was this guy that got him.

http://www.foxnews.com/...ard/?test=latestnews
Attachments: binladenhunter.jpg (60.3 KB)

pinktricam

May 6, 2011, 3:46 PM
Post #18 of 20 (1359 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
In reply to:

Curt

Seems this story has legs and the press is hell bent on milking every facet of it well into next year.

dr_feelgood

May 7, 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #19 of 20 (1332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
In reply to:

Curt

Seems this story has legs and the press is hell bent on milking every facet of it well into next year.

Wait, what?

Is pinky upset at the media's use of the death of Bin Laden?

What the fuck did you expect? If bush had got him, you would have been arrested for jerking off in public wearing an american flag speedo.

ubu

May 7, 2011, 4:11 PM
Post #20 of 20 (1310 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] I'd say that bodes well for Obamas re-election bid. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
In reply to:

Curt

Wait, what?

Is pinky upset at the media's use of the death of Bin Laden?

What the fuck did you expect? If bush had got him, you would have been arrested for jerking off in public wearing an american flag speedo.

Well fuckin' thank you for that image. >barf emoticon<

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook