RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

deamicl

May 9, 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2836 views)
Shortcut

Albuquerque NM Sport Climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello all!

I'm going to go be in albuquerque for a week and am wondering where the nearest sport crag is located. I know a lot of the climbing is trad but I'll be climbing with some relatively inexperienced people and want to avoid traveling with my whole trad rack. Any recommendations on a crag with a good variety of easy to hard climbs? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

kachoong

May 9, 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deamicl] Albuquerque NM Sport Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife and I were in Santa Fe last September and took a day out to Las Conchas and the Jemez Valley. It's a beautiful drive up from Albuquerque and the crag is VERY easily accessible with decent routes from 5.6 upwards.

I downloaded the pdf guide on MP and it was sufficient for the day. The 5.8 there Crucible on the roadside attraction rock is a fantastic climb. A lot of the climbs are literally right next to the parking with nice grass to lay around on. It's also up high, so it should be much cooler than in the city.

billl7

May 9, 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deamicl] Albuquerque NM Sport Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

deamicl wrote:
Hello all!

I'm going to go be in albuquerque for a week and am wondering where the nearest sport crag is located. I know a lot of the climbing is trad but I'll be climbing with some relatively inexperienced people and want to avoid traveling with my whole trad rack. Any recommendations on a crag with a good variety of easy to hard climbs? Any info is greatly appreciated!

http://www.mountainproject.com/...lomas_peak/105789978
Not sure it yet has as much detail as Dr. Moret's topo (see link under "Resources" within the above page).

Bill L

(This post was edited by billl7 on May 9, 2011, 11:50 PM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook