Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

hawaii_climbing_guy

Mar 15, 2011, 1:21 PM
Post #1 of 7 (3457 views)
Shortcut

After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO  (North_America: United_States: Texas: South_Central_Texas)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I'm looking for people to climb with around San Antonio in the late afternoon and evening after work occasionally. I can be reached at 571-264-6545.

jeremesanders

Apr 5, 2011, 1:28 PM
Post #2 of 7 (3350 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hawaii_climbing_guy] After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

looking to get back into climbing, don't know anything about the spots here in SA though.

mattm

May 3, 2011, 9:06 PM
Post #3 of 7 (3224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hawaii_climbing_guy wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for people to climb with around San Antonio in the late afternoon and evening after work occasionally. I can be reached at 571-264-6545.

The best place to meet climbers in SA is at either of the Lifetime Fitness Gyms. Many of the "locals" can be found at the "RIM" Lifetime Fitness gym.

wmayville

May 9, 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3175 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mattm] After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What does a membership cost for that Life Time place? I was checking out the web site for a price list and didn't see anything. It looks like a fancy sports club not the dirt bag climbing gyms I am use too so I am wondering if it is pricey. I will be moving out the San Antonio in October so I was trying to do some recon into some climbing possibilities.

mattm

May 9, 2011, 3:56 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wmayville] After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wmayville wrote:
What does a membership cost for that Life Time place? I was checking out the web site for a price list and didn't see anything. It looks like a fancy sports club not the dirt bag climbing gyms I am use too so I am wondering if it is pricey. I will be moving out the San Antonio in October so I was trying to do some recon into some climbing possibilities.

Single Person Membership is $80ish. It is NOT a dirt bag climbing gym. AT ALL. BUT it's all we have in SA. There are NO dedicated climbing gyms down here. Just the two Lifetimes and some college rec walls. UTSA supposedly has a decent one but several students come and climb at Lifetime if that means anything. I can give you more "SA Beta" PM me and I'll fire you an email.
Cheers

SanAntoneNoob

Jul 26, 2011, 9:21 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, hows it goin? I went to E-Rock last weekend with a couple of buddies and had a blast and really want to get into climbing. I know zero. Simple as that. But I think I can learn fairly quickly. I'm 23 years old and I live here in san antonio. It would be great if someone on here could help me get started, I don't know what to buy or where to go but if someone is willing to show me the ropes I think I could make a good climbing partner! Just shoot me a pm or something and we'll see whats good! Have a good day y'all!

potreroed

Jul 26, 2011, 9:48 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SanAntoneNoob] After-work climbing in SAN ANTONIO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SanAntoneNoob wrote:
Hey, hows it goin? I went to E-Rock last weekend with a couple of buddies and had a blast and really want to get into climbing. I know zero. Simple as that. But I think I can learn fairly quickly. I'm 23 years old and I live here in san antonio. It would be great if someone on here could help me get started, I don't know what to buy or where to go but if someone is willing to show me the ropes I think I could make a good climbing partner! Just shoot me a pm or something and we'll see whats good! Have a good day y'all!

Hook up with these guys and they'll dial you in:

http://rock-about.com

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook