RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

rat-baby

May 10, 2011, 1:05 PM
Post #1 of 4 (3638 views)
Shortcut

hang board repeaters
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

When you do repeaters on a hangboard is the proper technique to to find a weight that causes failure between 3-7 seconds of the first rep of a set or the last rep of a set?

Should they be done so every rep of a set is the same lenght of time with the first rep feeling easy and the last rep feeling desperately hard? or should you make it so you can just make 7 seconds on the first rep, but by the last your falling off after only 3 seconds?

thanks, the rat.

boadman

May 10, 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #2 of 4 (3578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rat-baby] hang board repeaters [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I try to add weight so that I'm near failure by the end of each set. It takes a while to dial it in on the bigger holds. Add a couple of pounds after a week or two if it starts feeling easy. I usually do 6 reps on each hold, 7 seconds on the hold, 3 seconds between each rep. 2 minute rests between sets (holds). So, if I've got the weight right, I can't quite complete the last rep of each set. I also like to warm up with the metolius "10 minute work-outs", I usually do them with weight too, and complete the exercises in about 5 minutes, and then rest for 5 minutes before doing the repeaters. I also like doing leg lifts while I do the warm up exercises.

I like hangboarding, it's so efficient.

ceebo

May 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #3 of 4 (3518 views)
Shortcut

Re: [boadman] hang board repeaters [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I started off with 5lb to be on the safe side. After completing all my reps and sets at my maximum number i put it up to 10lb on next session. I have a session today and i'm hoping to nail all the sets this time (3rd session with 10 lb) so i can put it up to 15 for the next.

First time with 10 lb i was burning out at the 5th set. Now im getting closer to late 6 early 7th. As im still progressing i don't see a need to increase weight yet.

If i do get to a weight (say my next 15lb) where i am burning out around the 3rd set, i guess i would back track to 10 for a few more sessions.

(This post was edited by ceebo on May 11, 2011, 10:54 AM)

cacalderon

May 12, 2011, 2:05 AM
Post #4 of 4 (3441 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rat-baby] hang board repeaters [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

1. failure on last rep
2. not sure.. thinking until failure regardless of time

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook