RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

sincity83

May 24, 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2432 views)
Shortcut

Man's Best Friend-Red Rock Nevada
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just got into climbing and have done some small 5.6's-5.7's just to get my feet wet and I was looking for Man's Best Friend to try my first multi pitch climb but all the books I've come across aren't forthcoming as to find the base of this route.Crazy Mad Will anyone help out a newbie so I can go have some fun this memorial day weekend?? Thanks y'all, I appreciate the help....GREATLY!!!

sampleinajar

May 24, 2011, 8:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2404 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sincity83] Man's Best Friend-Red Rock Nevada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mountain project has a good picture of the approach, just search for man’s best friend. It is easy to see from the parking lot. You need to climb into a gully to reach the base of the climb. There are some rap anchors to the left to get down in. I am not sure why you would need them. If you go right a bit you can scramble down an easy 10 feet or so. If this is your first two pitch climb make sure you know what you are doing before getting on it.

sincity83

May 24, 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sampleinajar] Man's Best Friend-Red Rock Nevada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sampleinajar wrote:
Mountain project has a good picture of the approach, just search for man’s best friend. It is easy to see from the parking lot. You need to climb into a gully to reach the base of the climb. There are some rap anchors to the left to get down in. I am not sure why you would need them. If you go right a bit you can scramble down an easy 10 feet or so. If this is your first two pitch climb make sure you know what you are doing before getting on it.

I'm just doing the research right now, I've only been climbing a couple months now and havent done anything tougher than a 5.9. My bro and I were just gonna do the first pitch a couple of times before we go for both pitches. I just need something else besides the magic bus.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook