First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

essay

May 24, 2011, 7:29 PM
Post #1 of 31 (8342 views)
Shortcut

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Report this Post
Can't Post

Recently a friend of mine exclaimed that 8a was a climbing site dedicated composed of people who actually climb outside, work projects, and sometimes actually get their goals. MountainProject is a site dedicated to the 5.10-5.11 chuffdog who goes outside at least four time each year but rarely work projects and rarely achieve their goals. Rockclimbing is a site composed of complete punters who have no business having opinions on climbing since they don't really climb much.

Response to this would be what?

(This post was edited by epoch on Jun 3, 2011, 4:19 PM)

tready

May 24, 2011, 7:34 PM
Post #2 of 31 (8335 views)
Shortcut

Re: [essay] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Congratulations on finding a place where you fit in?

shockabuku

May 24, 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #3 of 31 (8335 views)
Shortcut

Re: [essay] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:
Recently a friend of mine exclaimed that 8a was a climbing site dedicated composed of people who actually climb outside, work projects, and sometimes actually get their goals. MountainProject is a site dedicated to the 5.10-5.11 chuffdog who goes outside at least four time each year but rarely work projects and rarely achieve their goals. Rockclimbing is a site composed of complete punters who have no business having opinions on climbing since they don't really climb much.

Your friend's an idiot?

Having opinions isn't our business, it's just a hobby? Or a lifestyle to some.

Kiss my ass?

He/she might be right?

I forgot that working projects is the end-all be-all of climbing?

Lame?

Partner rrrADAM

May 24, 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #4 of 31 (8328 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tready] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tready wrote:
Congratulations on finding a place where you fit in?
Winner!

But, I'll bet he doesn't get this reply. Unsure

Partner macherry

May 24, 2011, 7:41 PM
Post #5 of 31 (8325 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:

what's your point

Gmburns2000

May 24, 2011, 8:15 PM
Post #6 of 31 (8279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:

that this is opinion is not original.

drivel

May 24, 2011, 8:35 PM
Post #7 of 31 (8265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:

i'm far more interested in knowing if you counted how many 'b's you put into the title of this thread. 72. surely you could do better.

imnotclever

May 24, 2011, 8:56 PM
Post #8 of 31 (8256 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
essay wrote:

i'm far more interested in knowing if you counted how many 'b's you put into the title of this thread. 72. surely you could do better.

pip, pip that's an extremely long thread title. BANZ him now, NOW!

drivel

May 24, 2011, 9:28 PM
Post #9 of 31 (8250 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
drivel wrote:
essay wrote:

"report this thread"

superchuffer

May 25, 2011, 1:52 PM
Post #10 of 31 (8212 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I project 5.9 on a good day, got somethin to say to that Essay? ... I place all my own pro and anchors, old school style.

are you some kind of lycra wearing sport weenie or somethin? I'd love to see you try to do 5.9 trad on real rock, not the chipped, glued, permadrawed shit-show monstrosities you call a climb.

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 25, 2011, 2:26 PM
Post #11 of 31 (8202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am completely and utterly fascinated by the opinions of your "friend". Please post up more of their opinion. Does your "friend" also have any interesting stories or problems?

imnotclever

May 25, 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #12 of 31 (8196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
I am completely and utterly fascinated by the opinions of your "friend". Please post up more of their opinion. Does your "friend" also have any interesting stories or problems?

It's bradley manning, isn't it!

essay

May 25, 2011, 4:19 PM
Post #13 of 31 (8175 views)
Shortcut

Re: [superchuffer] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

superchuffer wrote:
I project 5.9 on a good day, got somethin to say to that Essay? ... I place all my own pro and anchors, old school style.

are you some kind of lycra wearing sport weenie or somethin? I'd love to see you try to do 5.9 trad on real rock, not the chipped, glued, permadrawed shit-show monstrosities you call a climb.

Thanks for proving my point dork. Indeed, I believe I have found a place where I fit in, how grand. How about this, we design a new system to evaluate if someone has the right to have an opinion that will be based off of length of climbing experience, ability to on-sight, ability to drink beer, and how hot your wife is. If you are a beginner who can't on-sight his way out of a paper bag, who cannot drink beer, and has an ugly or no wife, you don't get an opinion until you have suffered a little more.

essay

May 25, 2011, 4:20 PM
Post #14 of 31 (8172 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and you have to be able to grow hair!

Diphthong

May 25, 2011, 5:07 PM
Post #15 of 31 (8167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:
How about this, we design a new system to evaluate if someone has the right to have an opinion that will be based off of length of climbing experience, ability to on-sight, ability to drink beer, and how hot your wife is. If you are a beginner who can't on-sight his way out of a paper bag, who cannot drink beer, and has an ugly or no wife, you don't get an opinion until you have suffered a little more.

Catch 22. In order for me to go along with your opinion on this matter, I have to disregard it as you don't have the right to one.

Partner rrrADAM

May 25, 2011, 5:27 PM
Post #16 of 31 (8164 views)
Shortcut

Re: [superchuffer] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

superchuffer wrote:

Nope... I think it's a gym climber who still sleeps in his twin bed at mom and dad's house.

Not an 'A' lister, but an obvious 'B' lister...
In fact, even a lower case 'b' lister at that.

edge

May 25, 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #17 of 31 (8158 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:

Heh. He called you all punters.

chadnsc

May 25, 2011, 6:07 PM
Post #18 of 31 (8150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:
superchuffer wrote:

Thanks for proving my point dork. Indeed, I believe I have found a place where I fit in, how grand. How about this, we design a new system to evaluate if someone has the right to have an opinion that will be based off of length of climbing experience, ability to on-sight, ability to drink beer, and how hot your wife is. If you are a beginner who can't on-sight his way out of a paper bag, who cannot drink beer, and has an ugly or no wife, you don't get an opinion until you have suffered a little more.

Too bad you haven't earned the right to have an opinion.
T0

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 25, 2011, 7:31 PM
Post #19 of 31 (8138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:
superchuffer wrote:

I fail to follow your logic. My wife is hot and I'm not suffering.

arrettinator

May 25, 2011, 9:21 PM
Post #20 of 31 (8119 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
meh
it's been done before, and I didn't even receive a nasty pm or anything. Though, it did result in some thread titles to be shortened and a lot of buthurtedness. heh

chadnsc

May 26, 2011, 2:05 PM
Post #21 of 31 (8075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

essay wrote:

I just set my goals really low so that by simply waking up in the moring I'm able to accomplish them. Unsure

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 26, 2011, 2:11 PM
Post #22 of 31 (8072 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
essay wrote:

I just set my goals really low so that by simply waking up in the moring I'm able to accomplish them. Unsure

Don't forget your daily goal of posting at least one useless reply.

chadnsc

May 26, 2011, 2:15 PM
Post #23 of 31 (8070 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually after reading your post for the past year I've been inspired to do five useless posts a day.

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 26, 2011, 2:32 PM
Post #24 of 31 (8042 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Actually after reading your post for the past year I've been inspired to do five useless posts a day.

You are well on your way.

edge

May 26, 2011, 2:36 PM
Post #25 of 31 (8049 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:

Cutting back, eh?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook