Premier Sponsor:

skiclimb

May 26, 2011, 8:12 AM
Post #1 of 4 (357 views)
Shortcut

Photo Storage for forum posting.
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thought maybe folks would have some good advice as to what free online photo storage site would be best if I want to be able to link photo's to message boards like this one.

Need high capacity and the ability to post fairly large jpegs if i wish.

and use *[/img]xxxx* to make those pics appear in things like a trip report.

So post your favorites and why ..

thanks for any input :)

Partner epoch

May 26, 2011, 8:36 AM
Post #2 of 4 (351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skiclimb] Photo Storage for forum posting. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

photobucket

flickr

picasa

imgur

Diphthong

May 26, 2011, 8:46 AM
Post #3 of 4 (346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They can all be used to link photos, so you can take that out of the question. Really you're just looking for an online photo-hoster. There's a ton out there, so you're going to get a lot of opinions. Basically I'd try one and stick with it unless there's something about it you dislike that you can find elsewhere.

I use Picasa a lot. It's Google, so you get a free 1 gig account for every gmail address you have. I'm also a big Google fan and like how it ties into my gmail/homepage/phone/blogs, etc. If you want more than a gig (for any one account) you have to pay, but it's only like $5 a year for 20 gig. Their interface is really good, and actually a decent low-grade photo editor. The display is just simple folders, if you want more fancy look elsewhere. They give you the option to DL in different sizes.

Phanfare: I use this for my travel albums. You can get far more complex in having folders within folders, sidebar navigators, colors, texts, etc. Some people make some really fancy pages.

Flickr: I believe you're limited on how much you DL per month, but there's no top cap. I could be wrong. I don't use it much, but it's a popular one. This is by far your best choice if you're looking for a lot of people to make comments on all your pics "OMG. I LOVE THAT! That's so awesome. Hey, check out my page here xxxxxxx"

skiclimb

May 26, 2011, 5:36 PM
Post #4 of 4 (320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Really appreciate the info. Sounds like Picasa would be simplest and most functional. I'll give that a shot..Maybe get a little TR up this weekend with some nice pics.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$8.96 (10% off)
$7.16 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook