RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

wallhammer

Nov 17, 2001, 7:02 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

well, my favorite LEARNING forum is gone
Report this Post

hopefully this will be the NEW hangout. if its not, someone drop me a line so im not left out. thanks

fiend

Nov 17, 2001, 8:56 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

well, my favorite LEARNING forum is gone [In reply to]
Report this Post

Learning forum? The only forum that's missing is the Dr. Piton forum.

wallhammer

Nov 17, 2001, 9:31 PM
Post #3 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

of which i learned more in two weeks than i did in two years of talking to other climbers, veiwing other forums, and keeping up with "rock and ice" and "climbing". i refuse to get involved in spats over difference of opinion, all i know is that i tried the things i learned and they worked. the only attitude i have is the one of wanting to better myself by learning practical short cuts or a "better way of doing things". i realize this is somewhat selfish, but as i get older(going on 41 no jokes please, ah, go ahead make em) I dont have a lot of time to learn old outdated methods that are passed on just because thats the way they were always done. If you want to step up to the plate and keep answering my questions, more power to you, i will keep asking (meant in a respectful way), however i will always take into careful consideration the advise and expirence of "the Dr".

passthepitonspete

Nov 17, 2001, 11:38 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thank you, wallhammer, for continuing to be a supporter. It is in times of crisis that you always find out who will and who will not stand behind you!

Old Bulls like you and me know that there is indeed a better way, and we are smart enough to try to find it.

I mean, why work any harder than you have to?

Cheers,

Dr. Piton

(Still alive, but slightly disjointed at the moment.)

beta

Nov 18, 2001, 5:30 AM
Post #5 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Pete, I have posted in a number of forums on this site regarding this matter, I encourage the members and visitors to this site to seek them out and read them, I am sure I am making no friends with the moderators of this site with my opinions in your defense, but I hate censorship, particularly in an effort to educate me in the best way to climb, HELL, these people might get me killed by denying me access to the words of wisdom you have provided.

This is crazy, Rockclimbing.com has the power to give you a forum, and take it away when it doesn't suit their taste, but, my advice Pete is to keep posting here, or another venue, the true believers will find you and become better, safer, and smarter climbers as a result, I'm sorry that the insecure among RC.com members feel the need to run down someone who's approach doesn't agree with your accepted practice. So sorry that RC.com doesn't realize that they have a good thing going.

Jeff

addiroids

Nov 18, 2001, 9:29 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well, it appears as there is only one solution. Since we can't learn anything about climbing, we may as well sell our rack, move to Ft. Collins, Colorado, buy a Suburu Outback, and "look" like a climber. Anyone need a few dozen ovals of "questionable history"??

TRADitionally yours,

Addiroids

P.S. Just kidding on the "questionable" part Wallhammer.

Partner pianomahnn

Nov 19, 2001, 3:56 AM
Post #7 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anything Pete says can be found in a book.

addiroids

Nov 19, 2001, 5:10 AM
Post #8 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

What book? Oh yeah, the one he edited and tested on the walls of the Valley. The book that tells everything there is to know about aid climbing that he played an integral part in developing. THAAAAT book. (Yes, I have read it) What book have you edited Pianomahn?

"How to spray about things you haven't done"

Haven't read that one. Been too busy climbing.

TRADitionally yours,

Addiroids

P.S. Personal attacks just don't give me the joy they used to.

wallhammer

Nov 19, 2001, 7:13 AM
Post #9 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

adds, just let it go. all you have to do is look at his profile and then you will understand, trust me buddy it aint worth your breath.

wigglestick

Nov 19, 2001, 4:33 PM
Post #10 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

pianomahn- Everything on this site can be found in a book or elsewhere on the internet with only a little research. How many times has the question "What are the best shoes to buy" been asked? Yet the question still continues to be asked.

Pete offers "value added" instruction and therefore adds value to this site. I think it is a big mistake to try to quiet him just because he gained popularity on this site faster than anybody else.

Partner pianomahnn

Nov 19, 2001, 5:03 PM
Post #11 of 11 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Popularity is the wrong word for what he has gained.

Popularity: The quality or state of being popular, especially the state of being widely admired, accepted, or sought after.

If this were the case, then his forum would still be around, and we as Administrators would not be getting the amount of complaints about him that we do. Simple as that.

The need to quiet wouldn't be so great if he knew how to express his "value added" instruction in a way that didn't include direct assaults on other users, as well as 70% of his posts being blank space, smilies, and sections which have no relevance to the topic at hand.

Pete had his chance to make a profound influence on this site in a positive way, and I'm upset that he didn't take this opportunity and make the best of it. Instead he reveled in his own "brilliance" and created a stir in this forums we've not seen since the likes of Matt Parker. Pete brough these reactions from myself, and great many other rockclimbing.com users upon himself, and with no one elses help.

If you wish for me to expound upon anything else, please, just ask and you shall recieve.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook