http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...photos_n_872108.html

lena_chita

Jun 6, 2011, 6:32 PM
Post #2 of 18 (1256 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When the story first came out, I was listening to the radio, and the first tought I had was: wow, a guy with a last name like that, could it possibly be more ironic?

Seriously though, I have no problem with him having phone sex, sexting, or any othr sex-related relationship, with as many women, men, hermaphrodites, eunichs, etc, etc., as he wants to. It's the cheating, lthe ying, and the pathetic attempts to weasel out of it that make me want to throw up.

I just wish FOR ONCE that when a story like that comes out, the person accused of it stands up and says: yeah, I did it, and so what? It is none of your damn bussiness. It is between me, my wife and these women/men, and we are all on the same page about it, so F*CK off, what we do in private is our business, and not yours.

Of course, it would require someone who is honest and open in the first place, to his partners. instead of being a lying SOB. In other words, politicians are out...

LOL, I wonder if there ever going to be a time when it would be acceptable for an elected official to admit to anything other than a straight and narrow conventional monogamous relationship with his wife. Would there ever be a congressman who would conversationally mention in a candid interview that he and his wife have an open relationship? A senator who happens to be part of a threesome? An openly lesbian president?

I think the world would be a better place... but I am sure we would all be long dead before such a thing could happen.

blondgecko

Jun 7, 2011, 1:33 AM
Post #3 of 18 (1239 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
When the story first came out, I was listening to the radio, and the first tought I had was: wow, a guy with a last name like that, could it possibly be more ironic?

Seriously though, I have no problem with him having phone sex, sexting, or any othr sex-related relationship, with as many women, men, hermaphrodites, eunichs, etc, etc., as he wants to. It's the cheating, lthe ying, and the pathetic attempts to weasel out of it that make me want to throw up.

I just wish FOR ONCE that when a story like that comes out, the person accused of it stands up and says: yeah, I did it, and so what? It is none of your damn bussiness. It is between me, my wife and these women/men, and we are all on the same page about it, so F*CK off, what we do in private is our business, and not yours.

Of course, it would require someone who is honest and open in the first place, to his partners. instead of being a lying SOB. In other words, politicians are out...

LOL, I wonder if there ever going to be a time when it would be acceptable for an elected official to admit to anything other than a straight and narrow conventional monogamous relationship with his wife. Would there ever be a congressman who would conversationally mention in a candid interview that he and his wife have an open relationship? A senator who happens to be part of a threesome? An openly lesbian president?

I think the world would be a better place... but I am sure we would all be long dead before such a thing could happen.

Try moving to Iceland. Their prime minister is openly lesbian.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 7, 2011, 2:08 PM
Post #4 of 18 (1200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Barney Frank.

gunkiemike

Jun 7, 2011, 3:40 PM
Post #5 of 18 (1192 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"I didn't send her a picture of my crotch"

"OK, I did"

Reminds me a lot of:

"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"
"I didn't take steroids"

"OK, I did".

What great role models and leaders we have, huh?

lena_chita

Jun 8, 2011, 7:03 AM
Post #6 of 18 (1171 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blondgecko wrote:
Ireland prime minister

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Barney Frank.

Fair enough.

I probably shouldn't have thrown in gay/lesbian into the "unconventional sexual practices" angle that i was getting at. I was thinking more of "anything other than monogamous", while most of GL relationships are still in the monogamous category.

Regardless, I stand corrected, the world would probably never be a better place--not due to a change in sex mores, at least.

(This post was edited by lena_chita on Jun 8, 2011, 7:04 AM)

robbovius

Jun 8, 2011, 9:47 AM
Post #7 of 18 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
Ireland prime minister

Barney Frank.

Fair enough.

I probably shouldn't have thrown in gay/lesbian into the "unconventional sexual practices" angle that i was getting at. I was thinking more of "anything other than monogamous", while most of GL relationships are still in the monogamous category.

Regardless, I stand corrected, the world would probably will never be a better place--not due to a change in sex mores, at least.

sorry Lena, but I did have to fix that for you.

lena_chita

Jun 8, 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #8 of 18 (1138 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
blondgecko wrote:
Ireland prime minister

Barney Frank.

Fair enough.

Regardless, I stand corrected, the world would probably will never be a better place--not due to a change in sex mores, at least.

sorry Lena, but I did have to fix that for you.

Funny, I initially wrote that exactly. And then went back and edited for undue pessimism.

ChuteandClimb

Jun 8, 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #9 of 18 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gunkiemike] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:
What great role models and leaders we have, huh?

athletes and politicians are absolutely not role models of any kind except for the mentally stunted

and I don't see any leadership anywhere in DC, so that's out too

Partner philbox

Jun 15, 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #10 of 18 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

You will need to look back in history for what happens when a civilisation goes down that path. Check out the decline and fall of the Roman empire for evidence of what happens to a great empire when anything goes at the top. The US is heading where Rome got to.

squierbypetzl

Jun 16, 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #11 of 18 (1048 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thing is, it seems that all Western civilization is going the way of the Romans. Or at least that's the picture the media paints.

Partner philbox

Jun 16, 2011, 3:31 AM
Post #12 of 18 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
Thing is, it seems that all Western civilization is going the way of the Romans. Or at least that's the picture the media paints.

I agree and as usual it is only a very small minority who are dictating our future.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 16, 2011, 4:56 AM
Post #13 of 18 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] Weiner Man! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

philbox wrote:
You will need to look back in history for what happens when a civilisation goes down that path. Check out the decline and fall of the Roman empire for evidence of what happens to a great empire when anything goes at the top. The US is heading where Rome got to.

Yeah, when Rome's leaders adopted those freaky Christian values it really went downhill.

traddad

Jun 16, 2011, 7:26 AM
Post #14 of 18 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

philbox wrote:

Yeah, when Rome's leaders adopted those freaky Christian values it really went downhill.

Gone:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...signs-_n_873279.html

..and it didn't even take the Visigoths to do it....of course I might characterize the Teahadists as such.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 16, 2011, 9:32 AM
Post #15 of 18 (1009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
philbox wrote:

Gone:

..and it didn't even take the Visigoths to do it....of course I might characterize the Teahadists as such.

The only reason you associate the Visigoths with evil is because of papist propaganda.

traddad

Jun 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #16 of 18 (999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
philbox wrote:

Gone:

The only reason you associate the Visigoths with evil is because of papist propaganda.

Yore prolly korrekt..of corse histery is ritten by the Weiners.....

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #17 of 18 (991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
traddad wrote:
philbox wrote:

Gone:

Yore prolly korrekt..of corse histery is ritten by the Weiners.....

Well done.

I've got to hand it to you for that one.

imnotclever

Jun 16, 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #18 of 18 (979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tomorrow's Headline in the San Francisco Chronicle:

Weiner Packs IT In!

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username: