RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Mariofercol

Jun 13, 2011, 5:45 PM
Post #1 of 4 (883 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Chile
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi

I'm looking for info and partners to climbing near Santiago or maybe a little farther for a week in January 2012.

I'm not interested in doing mountaineering, only sport or easy trad.

Hablamos espaņol Tongue

Gmburns2000

Jun 13, 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #2 of 4 (865 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mariofercol] Climbing in Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

give me a shout closer to when you get there and I'll hook you up. what kind of experience do you have? how long will you be there for?

not a lot of mountaineering in jan in santiago, so you're good there, but the sport and trad are pretty good.

if all else fails, there is a gym there (el muro) and it has a website.

knowing spanish will help A LOT there. chileans dont speak much english, and even then their spanish is fucked up. but if you speak well then you'll be fine (even if you speak a little youll be ok)

Mariofercol

Jun 13, 2011, 8:29 PM
Post #3 of 4 (852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing in Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be there for a month but I want to climb only for a week, I'm meeting my parents for the rest of the trip.

I've been climbing for three years and I started leading shortly after that. I'm a weekend warrior with a decent amount of experience multi-pitching.

No hablo Espaņol, solo Colombiano, pero entiendo el Chileno bastante bien.Tongue

Gmburns2000

Jun 14, 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #4 of 4 (807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mariofercol] Climbing in Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mariofercol wrote:
I'll be there for a month but I want to climb only for a week, I'm meeting my parents for the rest of the trip.

I've been climbing for three years and I started leading shortly after that. I'm a weekend warrior with a decent amount of experience multi-pitching.

No hablo Espaņol, solo Colombiano, pero entiendo el Chileno bastante bien.Tongue

All right, well, depending on what's going on with my friends down there, I'll put you in touch. A week isn't much of a window, particularly in January during vacation time, but if they're free then they're good folks to hang out with. Some are native-English speakers and others are Chilean with varying degrees of English.

If you understand anything Chileans say then you'll be good.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook