RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

jackmarr

Jun 18, 2011, 1:59 PM
Post #1 of 4 (642 views)
Shortcut

Partners in Devil's Lake WI and Nearby
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

As a sort of follow-up to an earlier thread on family climbing, I will also be taking some solo trips to Devil's Lake (or anywhere in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin) to boulder or climb with a partner. I will bring a rack and rope(s) any perhaps a pad if I decided to pick one up. Planning on hitting Devil's Lake tomorrow (6/18) and am generally free except for Tuesdays. Best Jack

cornstateclimber

Jun 19, 2011, 9:54 AM
Post #2 of 4 (625 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jackmarr] Partners in Devil's Lake WI and Nearby [In reply to]
Report this Post

will you be tradding or primarily top roping?
and how old are your kids? i have a ten year old son i would like to get up to the lake for some fun chimney routes.

jackmarr

Jun 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #3 of 4 (617 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cornstateclimber] Partners in Devil's Lake WI and Nearby [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hi Cornstate Climber--

Just back from our first trip to Devil's Lake. We are pretty happy to do any sort of climbing there. I think on a dry day with good pro, I am happy to lead trad through the 10's right now on that rock, but today just jumped on a toprope and bouldered a bit too which was fun. In term of climbing with the kids, we are pretty much of the philosophy "whatever makes them happy enough to let us do a route in any style"... We have a good rack and two ropes and lots of webbing so can set up one toprope and use the other for leading. Our son is just two so he he likes to climb a few moves in his own style in between firetruck and helicopter runs... Drop a line if you would like to hook up!

Freediver75

Jun 20, 2011, 8:20 PM
Post #4 of 4 (600 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jackmarr] Partners in Devil's Lake WI and Nearby [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hey Jack - Sorry I missed your call the other day- I was working and it was Father's day, I had already promised to take them kayaking/fishing. But I am up for Devils Lake. Depending on my work schedule, I can almost always be there around 4pm (if I work) and any time on the Days I don't.

I also have a crash pad- My 3 girls are pretty good at staying out of trouble while I'm working on a bouldering problem. If they are climbing themselves. We were just there last Tuesday. The pic is of my middle child (7yrs old) doing some Bouldering.
Attachments: (1).jpg (47.4 KB)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$25.16 (10% off)
$123.30 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook