Forums: Community: Campground:
Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 


sungam


Jun 28, 2011, 5:00 AM
Post #1 of 15 (990 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26599

Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was at the Salisbury Crags in Scotland last week. One of the climbers was Rose McHaggis. Along with noting that he looks nearly obese, though still climbed reasonbly well, almost sending his project, it became apparent that Rose is an asshole.

Incidentally his height and weight is posted on the SPCI web site http://www.rockclimbing.com/...5;page=unread#unread as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

So I put those numbers in a BMI calculator and out comes the following statement:

In reply to:
Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 28.93. This result suggests you are overweight which increases the risk of becoming ill with problems such as high blood pressure, heart desiese, and cancer



Having seen myself in the mirror, it concerns me a little.

Thoughts?


johnwesely


Jun 28, 2011, 5:13 AM
Post #2 of 15 (984 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
I was at the Salisbury Crags in Scotland last week. One of the climbers was Rose McHaggis. Along with noting that he looks nearly obese, though still climbed reasonbly well, almost sending his project, it became apparent that Rose is an asshole.

Incidentally his height and weight is posted on the SPCI web site http://www.rockclimbing.com/...5;page=unread#unread as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

So I put those numbers in a BMI calculator and out comes the following statement:

In reply to:
Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 28.93. This result suggests you are overweight which increases the risk of becoming ill with problems such as high blood pressure, heart desiese, and cancer



Having seen myself in the mirror, it concerns me a little.

Thoughts?

Copycat threads are illegal and will not be tolerated.


notapplicable


Jun 28, 2011, 5:19 AM
Post #3 of 15 (973 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Save your loved ones the cost of medical bills associated with treating chronic illness and just shoot yourself in the face?


(This post was edited by notapplicable on Jun 28, 2011, 5:19 AM)


sungam


Jun 28, 2011, 5:29 AM
Post #4 of 15 (965 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26599

Re: [notapplicable] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No, but I have considered paying someone to shoot you in the face.


kachoong


Jun 28, 2011, 5:40 AM
Post #5 of 15 (958 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!


johnwesely


Jun 28, 2011, 5:44 AM
Post #6 of 15 (949 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [kachoong] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.


rtwilli4


Jun 28, 2011, 5:56 AM
Post #7 of 15 (934 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 14, 2008
Posts: 1867

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Isn't 157 cm more like 5'3"?


troutboy


Jun 28, 2011, 7:22 AM
Post #8 of 15 (916 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 25, 2003
Posts: 903

Re: [rtwilli4] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rtwilli4 wrote:
Isn't 157 cm more like 5'3"?

2.54 cm = 1 in.

Yep, something like that. Better rerun that body mass calc Sungam Wink

TS


kachoong


Jun 28, 2011, 7:35 AM
Post #9 of 15 (910 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [johnwesely] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.

Don't you have an injury you should be off licking?


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jun 28, 2011, 7:35 AM
Post #10 of 15 (908 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
I was at the Salisbury Crags in Scotland last week. One of the climbers was Rose McHaggis. Along with noting that he looks nearly obese, though still climbed reasonbly well, almost sending his project, it became apparent that Rose is an asshole.

Incidentally his height and weight is posted on the SPCI web site http://www.rockclimbing.com/...5;page=unread#unread as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

So I put those numbers in a BMI calculator and out comes the following statement:

In reply to:
Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 28.93. This result suggests you are overweight which increases the risk of becoming ill with problems such as high blood pressure, heart desiese, and cancer



Having seen myself in the mirror, it concerns me a little.

Thoughts?

Quit looking in the mirror.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jun 28, 2011, 7:35 AM
Post #11 of 15 (908 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [sungam] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
I was at the Salisbury Crags in Scotland last week. One of the climbers was Rose McHaggis. Along with noting that he looks nearly obese, though still climbed reasonbly well, almost sending his project, it became apparent that Rose is an asshole.

Incidentally his height and weight is posted on the SPCI web site http://www.rockclimbing.com/...5;page=unread#unread as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

So I put those numbers in a BMI calculator and out comes the following statement:

In reply to:
Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 28.93. This result suggests you are overweight which increases the risk of becoming ill with problems such as high blood pressure, heart desiese, and cancer



Having seen myself in the mirror, it concerns me a little.

Thoughts?

Quit looking in the mirror.


johnwesely


Jun 28, 2011, 7:44 AM
Post #12 of 15 (903 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [kachoong] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.

Don't you have an injury you should be off licking?

Yes. It still hurts today. I was hoping it would not. Maybe if my body weight was lower, I wouldn't hurt myself so much.


kachoong


Jun 28, 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #13 of 15 (901 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [johnwesely] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.

Don't you have an injury you should be off licking?

Yes. It still hurts today. I was hoping it would not. Maybe if my body weight was lower, I wouldn't hurt myself so much.

Don't forget though, cupcakes are a cure for a lot of ailments.


johnwesely


Jun 28, 2011, 7:56 AM
Post #14 of 15 (894 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [kachoong] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.

Don't you have an injury you should be off licking?

Yes. It still hurts today. I was hoping it would not. Maybe if my body weight was lower, I wouldn't hurt myself so much.

Don't forget though, cupcakes are a cure for a lot of ailments.

That's true.


airscape


Jun 28, 2011, 8:15 AM
Post #15 of 15 (888 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 26, 2001
Posts: 4240

Re: [kachoong] Body weight, cupcakes, and climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:
as 157 cm (6'3"), 105 kg (230 lbs).

I see your problem. You should have used a converter not a calculator!

This is clear mod favoritism. I am calling the government. Write the press.

Don't you have an injury you should be off licking?

Yes. It still hurts today. I was hoping it would not. Maybe if my body weight was lower, I wouldn't hurt myself so much.

Don't forget though, cupcakes are a cure for a lot of ailments.

Yes, I hear they are high in anti-anorexidents.


Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook