First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

jakedatc

Jun 29, 2011, 8:14 PM
Post #1 of 115 (6228 views)
Shortcut

Tour de France 2011 ( Spoiler Alert! )
Report this Post
Can't Post

Starts Saturday. I'm hoping that Andy can get it done this year. Hopefully AC is still wiped out from the Giro and will show some cracks. Smart thing would be for a few teams to work together to attack him

(This post was edited by jakedatc on Jul 4, 2011, 4:04 PM)

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 29, 2011, 8:27 PM
Post #2 of 115 (6222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Starts Saturday. I'm hoping that Andy can get it done this year. Hopefully AC is still wiped out from the Giro and will show some cracks. Smart thing would be for a few teams to work together to attack him

AC's drugs are a good as his lawyers. Get used to hearing "one of the all time greats" thrown about.

The tour is setup this year so that there isn't a 2nd TT so it will be even more of a climber's year. However, the early TTT means that the defender of the yellow jersey in the P's will be interesting.

jakedatc

Jun 29, 2011, 8:49 PM
Post #3 of 115 (6217 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

AC's drugs are a good as his lawyers. Get used to hearing "one of the all time greats" thrown about.

The tour is setup this year so that there isn't a 2nd TT so it will be even more of a climber's year. However, the early TTT means that the defender of the yellow jersey in the P's will be interesting.

Yea.. but i don't see Saxo bank being a dominant team in the TTT so he'll have to make up some time.. but probably nothing out of his reach. I dunno if he'll have the team support once they get to the 2nd half like up Galbier twice 2 days in a row then the 3rd day up L'alpe d'huez.

I think a lot of the Versus talk will be on the "if he clears his court case etc" so i'll be avoiding it :)

I wonder if Cav will even ride a TT bike the day before the Champs ;) he'll be soft pedalling that like a weekend coffee ride.

Partner macherry

Jun 29, 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #4 of 115 (6211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i still have a soft spot for cadel evans.

but andy is a favorite too.

jakedatc

Jun 29, 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #5 of 115 (6206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

Cadel doesn't have a prayer hehe big george used up all his towing power destroying the peleton for lance.

Andy just needs to keep his chain on the rings and have jens, fabian and frank tow him around until he can attack for time. AC only beat him by the time he lost due to the chain incident last year.

kachoong

Jun 29, 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #6 of 115 (6205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bring back the BIFF!!!!

Can't wait!

Partner macherry

Jun 30, 2011, 1:16 AM
Post #7 of 115 (6197 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
macherry wrote:

Cadel doesn't have a prayer hehe big george used up all his towing power destroying the peleton for lance.

Andy just needs to keep his chain on the rings and have jens, fabian and frank tow him around until he can attack for time. AC only beat him by the time he lost due to the chain incident last year.

not the testosterone beef?

traddad

Jun 30, 2011, 3:24 AM
Post #8 of 115 (6190 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm rooting for Sean Kelly!

jakedatc

Jun 30, 2011, 3:52 AM
Post #9 of 115 (6187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

he's a bit old for that now... though he'd probably kick all of our asses still

traddad

Jun 30, 2011, 4:03 AM
Post #10 of 115 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A bit?

He was the very definition of "the hard man".

jakedatc

Jun 30, 2011, 4:14 AM
Post #11 of 115 (6181 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yep.. he's fun to listen to on eurosport's coverage.

troutboy

Jun 30, 2011, 2:57 PM
Post #12 of 115 (6168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Andy has not looked in top form this year. I think his brother has actually finished ahead of him in the major pre-tour stage races this year.

Levi Leipheimer and Chris Horner, OTOH, are looking in top form.

TS

saint_john

Jun 30, 2011, 3:05 PM
Post #13 of 115 (6165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [troutboy] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

3 of the last 5 stages are brutal mountain finishes. If Andy Schleck ever had a chance, this is his year. of course, the second to last stage is a TT so we could be in store for some drama. I'd love to see Horner or Levi contend but I don't tihnk it's going to happen.
It's going to come down to Schleck and AC...again.

saint_john

Jun 30, 2011, 4:10 PM
Post #14 of 115 (6159 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saint_john] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yeah... and George Hincape will start his record-tying 16th TdF!
Joop Zoetmelk (1980 winner) also has 16 starts.

jakedatc

Jul 1, 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #15 of 115 (6131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saint_john] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Woooo stage 1 in 12.5 hours :) uphill sprint finish.. good set up for Thor or maybe Sagan.

get psyched :)
http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

theextremist04

Jul 3, 2011, 4:37 AM
Post #16 of 115 (6100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [troutboy] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

troutboy wrote:
Andy has not looked in top form this year. I think his brother has actually finished ahead of him in the major pre-tour stage races this year.

Levi Leipheimer and Chris Horner, OTOH, are looking in top form.

TS
I agree...but us Americans are still no match for guys like AC. I would be surprised if anyone managed to top him this year. Unfortunately.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jul 3, 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #17 of 115 (6082 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

Yea.. but i don't see Saxo bank being a dominant team in the TTT so he'll have to make up some time.. but probably nothing out of his reach. I dunno if he'll have the team support once they get to the 2nd half like up Galbier twice 2 days in a row then the 3rd day up L'alpe d'huez.

I think a lot of the Versus talk will be on the "if he clears his court case etc" so i'll be avoiding it :)

I wonder if Cav will even ride a TT bike the day before the Champs ;) he'll be soft pedalling that like a weekend coffee ride.

Taking AC's stupid first day mistake into consideration, I think the setup is going to put a little twist on the first go thru the mountains. Usually the GC contenders font have to worry about climbers who can't ride a TT. Usually climbers like Sammy S kill themselves trying to get over intermediate level mountains first. But because there are so many mountain top finishes and because AC gifted 90 seconds, fewer 'pure' climbers aren't going to foolishly chase points.

jakedatc

Jul 4, 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #18 of 115 (6068 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

Taking AC's stupid first day mistake into consideration, I think the setup is going to put a little twist on the first go thru the mountains. Usually the GC contenders font have to worry about climbers who can't ride a TT. Usually climbers like Sammy S kill themselves trying to get over intermediate level mountains first. But because there are so many mountain top finishes and because AC gifted 90 seconds, fewer 'pure' climbers aren't going to foolishly chase points.

Yea.. he is going to have to work pretty hard to get time back. The GC contenders can sit on his wheel and all wait for him to attack.. Hell Radioshack has 4 guys who can win the thing and can just sit there and take turns chasing him down. both schlecks.. etc .. he is seriously outnumbered.

i have no doubt he'll win at least 1 stage in the mountains but i don't know if he'll take enough time doing it.

PS you see the fucktard UCI idiots making every rider level their TT saddle today.... 0 warning.. just ohh we decided to actually check this today.. they have never checked saddle level ever because it's a stupid rule. team Directors chewed his ass out big time.

jakedatc

Jul 4, 2011, 4:08 PM
Post #19 of 115 (6056 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Problem with "easy" stages.. too many fresh legs at the end and a lot of craziness. It's nuts how hard guys can crash and just get up and keep going.. Confidis guy did a full flip and just got up and rolled in.

good win for USA on 4th of July.. and a nice tribute to WW from his best friend. yellow jersey and world champion lead out.. can't ask for more haha.

kachoong

Jul 4, 2011, 6:59 PM
Post #20 of 115 (6048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That was a pretty crazy finish. Can't believe HTC Highroad just lost it in the last K. They had like seven of them up there. Pity those two from the original breakaway got caught so close to the end. They tried.

jakedatc

Jul 4, 2011, 7:08 PM
Post #21 of 115 (6045 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Tour de France 2011 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
That was a pretty crazy finish. Can't believe HTC Highroad just lost it in the last K. They had like seven of them up there. Pity those two from the original breakaway got caught so close to the end. They tried.

yea... you should get used to that. The peleton basically sat up for 20km since they had them caught but if you catch too early then another breakaway will go again.. it gets annoying. so they just sit there 30 sec- 1min behind and wait until the very end then catch them. The break knows it. but the sponsors get on TV and that makes them happy.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jul 5, 2011, 5:04 AM
Post #22 of 115 (6036 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Problem with "easy" stages.. too many fresh legs at the end and a lot of craziness. It's nuts how hard guys can crash and just get up and keep going.. Confidis guy did a full flip and just got up and rolled in.

good win for USA on 4th of July.. and a nice tribute to WW from his best friend. yellow jersey and world champion lead out.. can't ask for more haha.

Good thing the guy was a n00b, or he wouldn't have his helmet on. He had the helmet = suck power going.

HTC went too soon, they should get it right next time.

Gotta admit, the middle sprint is a nice add. I'll be curious to see how it continues to work out.

jakedatc

Jul 5, 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #23 of 115 (6032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:

Good thing the guy was a n00b, or he wouldn't have his helmet on. He had the helmet = suck power going.

Gotta admit, the middle sprint is a nice add. I'll be curious to see how it continues to work out.

who was a noob? all riders are required to wear a helmet 100% of the time....

HTC have gone that far back before.. they had plenty of riders to do it but they got a bit tangled up and Cav got shuffled out. apparently he had a little shoving battle with Thor too..

raining today... might cause a bit of trouble

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jul 5, 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #24 of 115 (6029 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

who was a noob? all riders are required to wear a helmet 100% of the time....

HTC have gone that far back before.. they had plenty of riders to do it but they got a bit tangled up and Cav got shuffled out. apparently he had a little shoving battle with Thor too..

raining today... might cause a bit of trouble

I was riffing on the "helmet/suck" thread.

jakedatc

Jul 5, 2011, 3:40 PM
Post #25 of 115 (6022 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There you go Marge.. a win for your square faced aussie ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook