RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

kazanthink

Jul 2, 2011, 4:13 PM
Post #1 of 4 (930 views)
Shortcut

horseshoe july 7-9
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

looking for a partner to climb for those dates and more possible this summer. i live in springfield, mo so im not to far. looking to climb 5.8 - 5.10's . send me a message on here or travelrun@yahoo.com

Speed4TheNeed

Jul 2, 2011, 4:35 PM
Post #2 of 4 (927 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kazanthink] horseshoe july 7-9 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My roommate and I will be at horseshoe sometime during the july 11-17th (tbd). Besides the date difference I'm also not sure how much help we will be as we are just beginning to transition from indoor to outdoor. We live in New Orleans which doesn't have any natural rocks, much less hills so..gym climbing is all we have lol.

kazanthink

Jul 3, 2011, 3:09 AM
Post #3 of 4 (907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Speed4TheNeed] horseshoe july 7-9 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i might be able to make it down for a day trip one of those days im not sure of my schedule though. horseshoe is for sure a good place for a first outside trip im assuming you have lead before? and know how to clean and all that from the gym ? i hope at least.

Speed4TheNeed

Jul 19, 2011, 3:30 AM
Post #4 of 4 (855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kazanthink] horseshoe july 7-9 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I did not lead for my first outdoors trip but I did lead belay. We sent up to 5.9 at horseshoe which everyone says should be downgraded so I'm not sure how to take that. It was absolutely a great time, though, and since I have family near the area I'm sure I will be back.

Overall it was not much different than gym climbing other than not being able to spot the holds immediately. Horseshoe sandstone did provide a million opportunities for foot holds, however, so that was a bonus. I've only been climbing for about a month so overall I'd say it was a plus to get outdoors so quickly but vacay was vacay so we did what we could. Absolutely loved it.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook