Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

guangzhou

Feb 14, 2011, 5:21 AM
Post #151 of 159 (3828 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

My last girl friend on-sighted 5.10s consistently and red pointed low end 11s. She was able to follow me on Low end 12s with a few hangs.

My wife, is roughly at the same level now. Actually, my wife just did a first ascent of a short sport route, roughly 5.10b.

ENARE

Feb 14, 2011, 8:04 PM
Post #152 of 159 (3800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
I just occurred to me, you should buy yourself a soloist. You'd be able to hang out with yourself and wouldn't have to tolerate all the other climbers.

I have used one of these consistently for the past year or so. A lot of people (never credible people) suggested I not use one but so far I have been very pleased with climbing on mine. I will never use the device if there are not other people at the spot. Still want to have someone around if there is an issue.

spikeddem

Feb 14, 2011, 8:40 PM
Post #153 of 159 (3791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ENARE] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

ENARE wrote:
In reply to:
I just occurred to me, you should buy yourself a soloist. You'd be able to hang out with yourself and wouldn't have to tolerate all the other climbers.

I have used one of these consistently for the past year or so. A lot of people (never credible people) suggested I not use one but so far I have been very pleased with climbing on mine. I will never use the device if there are not other people at the spot. Still want to have someone around if there is an issue.
Not going to lie, that last bit comes off a little selfish.

jcrew

Feb 14, 2011, 9:01 PM
Post #154 of 159 (3784 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
USnavy wrote:
ladyscarlett wrote:
HAHAHALaugh

I'm tempted to apologize for resurrecting such an old thread, but it's just too funny.

I've been gone for a bit and came back looking for some amusement. Ta Da! RC.com provides, and even more specifically USNavy.

Obviously this is not a consideration, but based off the OP, USNavy will never make it with a chill, cool, ready for adventure, no drama, hot climbing chick partner. I speak for my girlfriends (and to some degree myself) here really, and NOT the entire female climbing population (there's someone for everyone!). There's nothing quite so unsexy as someone constantly complaining about how no one ever performs to their exacting standards. I can hear the unsatisfying discussions about sex even now...

No, one does not always go to the crag looking to pick up hot chick climbing partners, personally I like to check out the dudes...but we all go to the crag for different reasons so it seems.

Safety is important. Fun is important. USNavy, maybe everyone would have more fun if you sussed out your climbing partners a little more before heading out to the crag. Then again, why bother with a partner at all? Sounds like at your level, it's best all free solo!

HAHAHA. Thanks!

LS
You seem so sure in your statements. Well I have been dating one of those "cool climbing chicks" you reference for seven months now. And before that? Yep, I dated a different "cool climbing chick", and before that, same thing. It’s been four years since I have dated someone who did not climb. But I won’t challenge your highly prestigious Internet personality diagnosis doctorate you received from Harvard Medical, believe as you wish. Its funny reading posts from someone who speaks from their ass but attempts to pass the information along as well researched concise expertise. It’s even funnier when they try so hard to pass the information along as subject matter expertise that even they forget they are full of shit.

HAHAHA. Thanks!

USN

I think for your argument to be truly successful, you need to post up the redpoint and onsight levels of every girl you've ever dated.
i'm not sure numbers have anything to do with "cool, chill, ready for adventure, no drama, and hot."

i've known serious bitches that run 5.13,

paddyrock

Feb 16, 2011, 5:37 AM
Post #155 of 159 (3745 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jcrew] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the LAW"....
Alister Crowley..........

gunman

Jul 4, 2011, 7:06 PM
Post #156 of 159 (3452 views)
Shortcut

Re: The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy crap, this has got to be the funniest thread yet!

guangzhou

Jul 11, 2011, 9:38 AM
Post #157 of 159 (3406 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ENARE] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ENARE wrote:
In reply to:

I agree, a lot of people tell me about how unsafe the soloist is and all the possible things an reasons on why I should not own or use one.

I've own a solosit since the late 1990s, love it. Unfortunately, sometimes I do use it with no-one else at the cliff. Actually, I both it for that special reason, climbing when no-one else is.

Partner j_ung

Jul 11, 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #158 of 159 (3398 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
My last girl friend on-sighted 5.10s consistently and red pointed low end 11s. She was able to follow me on Low end 12s with a few hangs.

My wife, is roughly at the same level now. Actually, my wife just did a first ascent of a short sport route, roughly 5.10b.

Interesting. My wife is also my last girlfriend.

ENARE

Jul 11, 2011, 3:51 PM
Post #159 of 159 (3377 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] The laws of climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of going solo.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook