Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Looking for a climbing partner (Ozark)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

yingerman

Jun 28, 2011, 9:59 PM
Post #1 of 7 (6524 views)
Shortcut

Looking for a climbing partner (Ozark)  (North_America: United_States: Missouri)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I live in Ozark, and I'm looking for a climbing buddy. I'm a senior in high school, and I'm the only rock climber at my school. All my climbing friends are always too busy to go anywhere besides the gym.

I'm looking for someone wanting to make a few local trips over the summer. Peter's Branch. Forsythe. Horseshoe Canyon Ranch. Local stuff.

freemeliberty

Jul 22, 2011, 7:27 PM
Post #2 of 7 (6461 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yingerman] Looking for a climbing partner (Ozark) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not from there but I have some friends that are. What do you usually climb because these guys are 5.7-5.8 top rope climbers max. I used to be a solid 5.10 climber but haven't been out in a year (Omaha), I want to take a trip out there and take them out but I have never climbed in MO other than Blue Mounds.

dolphja

Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 PM
Post #3 of 7 (6453 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

living in Ozark, your best bet would to just take trips to HCR, Cave Creek & Sam's Throne. all very good places for rock climbing in my opinion. there are a few spots in SW missouri but don't really compare to those areas in arkansas.

Blue Mounds State Park MN??? pretty cool spot for trad climbing. kinda tough to toprope there unless you got enough webbing for the anchors.

yingerman

Jul 23, 2011, 3:38 PM
Post #4 of 7 (6440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [freemeliberty] Looking for a climbing partner (Ozark) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The hardest that I've climbed outdoor was Crimp Scampy (5.11a). That was in November last year, and I'm sure I've improved since then.

As for MO climbing right now, Peter's Branch was very overgrown when I went a few weeks ago, and Forsythe is flooded according to my friend. HCR seems like the only really good semi local spot. According to everything I'm seeing, Blue Mounds is in MN, so I have no idea what you're talking about there :P

If you take a boat out, Table Rock lake can have some really nice DWS climbing, and it's only about 40 mins away from Ozark. Most of the stuff has loose rocks though, and I'd give the ones I was able to climb a PG-R rating.

If you guys are still looking to make a MO trip somewhere, feel free to contact me. I just don't see too many options right now.

freemeliberty

Jul 23, 2011, 4:29 PM
Post #5 of 7 (6432 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You might be right about blue mounds, I'm new to the Midwest. All I know is that its half an hour from Palisades State park and they have a river there, very refreshing this time of year.

mrpunch

Dec 19, 2011, 6:05 AM
Post #6 of 7 (6138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yingerman: hit me up and ill give you a tour of peters. new stuff still going up there breh

Keegan.Evans

Jan 24, 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #7 of 7 (6014 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey if you are still in the area I'd be more than willing to meet up with you anywhere down in Arkansas. When I was in high school up in Bolivar I was in a situation similar to yours. I live down in Fayetteville, but would be glad to meet up at HCR, Sam's, Cowell etc. PM me for my number.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook