RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

wyoming_climber

Jul 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1881 views)
Shortcut

San angelo
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey All, i was just wondering if there are any good climbing areas in or around san angelo, and someone to climb with, any info is appreciated, i saw something about dove creek, and some other spot around it, but that thread seems to have died 4 years ago and i cant find any updates, i also heard about enchanted rock, but i would like to find somewhere within 30 mins of san angelo thanks

justroberto

Jul 29, 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1854 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wyoming_climber] San angelo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

San Angelo is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, climbing-wise. There should be no reason you haven't gone to check out Dove Creek, since it's the only documented rock you've heard of in the area.

Texas is incredibly shitty in the way it has set aside virtually none of its land for public use. Consequently, E-Rock is the closest place for real climbing. Paradise on the Brazos should be about 3 hours away, as well. Chosstin will take just a little bit longer to get to. Hueco is a mere 7 hour drive from you, also. Happy trails.

wyoming_climber

Jul 31, 2011, 1:49 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] San angelo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks ill look those up, I haven't been able to find good directions to dove yet all the posts are like 4 yrs old lol

d1r73

Jul 31, 2011, 3:28 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1836 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wyoming_climber] San angelo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dove Creek is like some dry river mud with a few rocks stuck in it, not even worth checking out for climbing.

Beaty Rd is climbableUnsure I guess, but nothing worth really talking about. Also, the trash, broken bottles, used condoms, diapers and poop is probably a turn off as well.

Glenmore Park (Ave L and Paintrock Road Merger) is situated facing a bridge and you can climb the panels that make up the bridge. It's not great but if I had to say, regrettably, it's probably the "best" option. Positive things are that it's clean and it has lights that you can switch on at night. The lights are located on a push button on a transformer by the basketball courts.

In short you gotta drive elsewhere. The closest climbing is in Brownwood, Tx http://climbdfw.wordpress.com/...-brownwood-guidebook/ Obviously E-Rock or Hueco would be better, but you know a bit further.

E-Rock is 2.5 Hours
Brownwood is like 1.5 Hours
Hueco is like 7 hours
Continental Ranch 3 Hours.
In reply to:

tkells

Sep 19, 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #5 of 5 (727 views)
Shortcut

Adult Content
This post contains nudity or adult content. To protect the innocent we require that you register and turn off your Adult Content Filter to read it.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$193.46 (10% off)
$21.56 (10% off)
$15.52 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook