Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
rock climbing spot near NCSU? Raleigh
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

choforozco

Jul 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #1 of 3 (3122 views)
Shortcut

rock climbing spot near NCSU? Raleigh  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Helo, I'm from Guatemala and I'm going to be here for 2 more weeks (leaving on August 9). I would really like to do some rock climbing in here. Could someone please tell me is it there any rock climbing spot near the North Caroline State University in Raleigh?

Thank you very much.

(if you have the chance come to do some rock climbing in Guatemala, Central America and I will show u around)

Carnage

Jul 25, 2011, 6:00 AM
Post #2 of 3 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [choforozco] rock climbing spot near NCSU? Raleigh [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There isnt any real climbing near Raleigh. The nearest is in the winston salem area (about 2 hrs drive). You'd have your choice of Moores wall, or pilot mountain. Theres plenty of info about both on this site. Basically pilot is a top rope area w/ a few sport climbs, and moores is a trad area.

Gym climbing, you'd have your choice of Triangle rock club (TRC) or vertical edge. TRC has much better bouldering and a lead cave (although not that tall of a lead cave). Vertical edge sucks in my book, so i dont have a good description for it other than it's cheap.

rtwilli4

Jul 25, 2011, 6:15 AM
Post #3 of 3 (3096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [choforozco] rock climbing spot near NCSU? Raleigh [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is an artificial bouldering traverse set up on campus. It is just outside of Carmichael Gymnasium down where the putting greens are located. It is down below the main entrance on Cates Avenue, across from the Talley Student Center.

If you are affiliated with the university in any way, you could check out their climbing wall, which is in Carmichael.

There is also an artificial boulder in North Cary park that is free and has chalked problems of all kinds.

Triange Rock Club is the best gym in the area and the only one worth going to in my opinion.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook