Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Hanger Theft at Boxsprings
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

roughster

Jan 1, 2003, 1:22 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Hanger Theft at Boxsprings  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Boxsprings)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to give you guys a heads up concerning a Hanger Theft at Boxsprings. Basically all climb right of and including Bird Of Prey have had all their hangers stripped. They include:

Bird of Prey, Just One Fixe, Laid Back, Golden Boy, and Hard Grit.

The anchors above Laid, Golden, Hard are still there, so you can TR those routes if your willing to make the scary and dangerous scramble down to the anchors (it is very gritty so be VERY carefull).

I would like any info if anyone knows of when the approximate date of the stripping was as well as who if you have any info.

The sad thing is all this act did was reduce the number of routes for local climbers and created one person less likely to develop routes in that area again. It was definately a climber as well.

Needless to say, I am at a loss for why it happened and just basically kiss the $70 or so in gear that person STOLE goodbye.

If you have any info, please PM me or email me at Roughit3@aol.com.

[ This Message was edited by: roughster on 2002-12-31 17:28 ]

robertsdecker

Jan 3, 2003, 8:35 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Hanger Theft at Boxsprings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was up there about a week ago, saw a stripped hanger on a project (climb 23) that was not stripped 3 months ago, when I tried to climb it last summer (unsuccessfully, I might add.) I checked some of the routes to the right, and they all appeared to have hangers, although I didn't climb anything other than that tj hit squad, but I did that on TR. We were out there yesterday on Knob wall, but all hangers appeared intact. I'll try to keep an eye on it and post if I see anything odd.

What's the point to ripping off the hangers? Climbers trying to eliminate development of a cool climbing spot? It doesn't make much sense for a climber to destroy a climbing spot. I don't get it.

djmeat

Jan 3, 2003, 8:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Hanger Theft at Boxsprings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

every group has its misfits.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook