RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

mitch321321

Jul 28, 2011, 6:53 AM
Post #1 of 3 (487 views)
Shortcut

sport climbing in Yellowstone NP, Teton NP, Glacier NP
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,

I'm French and I'm going to Yellowstone NP and maybe Teton NP and Glacier NP at the end of August.
Do you know if there are some beautiful bolted routes in these parks?
Link, Topo, advice, are welcome!
Best regards,

jeepnphreak

Jul 28, 2011, 8:37 AM
Post #2 of 3 (475 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mitch321321] sport climbing in Yellowstone NP, Teton NP, Glacier NP [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing is allowed in only a few areas of Yellowstone Park however it is illegal in the Grand Canyon area of Yellowstone. Contact the backcountry office in Yellowstone for more information. For climbing information in Grand Teton National Park, stop in at the Jenny Lake Ranger Station, staffed by climbing rangers during peak season who can advise on weather and route information.

In grand Teton NP there is only Trad/Alpine climbing. Sorry no bolts here.

The only climbing I know that is bolted near Glacier NP is Black Leaf Canyon just east of the Bob Marshal wilderness (bring bear spray!). Very nice multi pitch sport. But get a guide book. A few of the pitches take gear, and some are 100% bolts.

damienclimber

Jul 29, 2011, 5:18 PM
Post #3 of 3 (451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] sport climbing in Yellowstone NP, Teton NP, Glacier NP [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
Climbing is allowed in only a few areas of Yellowstone Park however it is illegal in the Grand Canyon area of Yellowstone. Contact the backcountry office in Yellowstone for more information. For climbing information in Grand Teton National Park, stop in at the Jenny Lake Ranger Station, staffed by climbing rangers during peak season who can advise on weather and route information.

In grand Teton NP there is only Trad/Alpine climbing. Sorry no bolts here.

The only climbing I know that is bolted near Glacier NP is Black Leaf Canyon just east of the Bob Marshal wilderness (bring bear spray!). Very nice multi pitch sport. But get a guide book. A few of the pitches take gear, and some are 100% bolts.

Quite rad!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.95 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook