RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

OldManMt.

Jul 29, 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #1 of 3 (484 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Partnre for Choteau/Blackleaf
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone. Im going to Choteau to visit a friend the first week of Aug 2011. 1st to 6th He however is not a climber. I have climbed from Yosemite to the Adirondacks, but never Montana. I'll have all my gear, just not a partner. Thanks!

rome6499

Aug 12, 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #2 of 3 (446 views)
Shortcut

Re: [OldManMt.] Climbing Partnre for Choteau/Blackleaf [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it sucks i've never climbed in MT either. i'll be there 9/13-9/22 between Bozeman and GNP. if you come up later let me know.

rome

OldManMt.

Aug 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #3 of 3 (440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rome6499] Climbing Partnre for Choteau/Blackleaf [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Rome. Thanks for sending me a message. Thats too bad we missed each other. I did however get to Blackleaf canyon. I had my son with me, but we only did the first pitch of the climbs. He knows how to use a grigri, but not up to hanging belay's. He's only 14 and 80 lbs... Blackleaf is well worth the trip if you get the chance. I'm an old trad climber, but don't mind clipping into bolts too. So all you really need is some quick draws. Spent 2 days there and had a blast, even if I never finished the full climbs. Only found 1 person with a guide book so if you can get one before hand even better. But lots of bolts and chains and the rock is great! I think we saw only 5 or 6 people on the first day and maybe 2 on the second day. And if you get a chance take a hike up the canyon and follow the creek up past the waterfall. Great place man, enjoy! Thanks again, Jeff

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook