Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
The MASS CLIMBERS thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 Next page Last page  View All


Partner cracklover


Aug 1, 2011, 9:55 AM
Post #22651 of 22775 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10061

Re: [losbill] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nice!

I've been doing a bit of hiking and biking since fucking up my finger. Did two more 14ers yesterday, along with one of the prettiest and most fun single days of hiking I can recall.

And Saturday was my first day back on rock since my accident. Successfully led a 5.3, a 5.4, and TRed a 5.6. Go me! Best thing is that I had a little soreness after, but mostly recovered by the next day. So I think I'm on the road to recovery!

GO


losbill


Aug 1, 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #22652 of 22775 (3530 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 14, 2004
Posts: 416

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Greg --- I thought Rach had gone down with Kurt. If I had known you were down definitely would have come over to Slime Saturday night after we were done at the Otter to say hello.

Haven't done TB so I can't help you there. Rach is really leading well. What's the up date on the rope purchase? --- Bill


losbill


Aug 1, 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #22653 of 22775 (3527 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 14, 2004
Posts: 416

Re: [cracklover] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Whoa! Gabe! Accident? Finger? It sucks getting hurt and not being able to climb! Good luck with the recovery process.


Partner cracklover


Aug 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #22654 of 22775 (3520 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10061

Re: [losbill] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks. Full rupture of A3 pulley. Nice to be back on rock again, even if I can hardly remember how.

GO


jakedatc


Aug 1, 2011, 1:15 PM
Post #22655 of 22775 (3508 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 11054

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Got to the 'Gunks with Rachel, Melanie, and Rob (sorry to have missed you Bill). Battled the heat but got on layback, p1 of YYYY, and p1 of loose goose. then did triple bulges. rachel did a lot of leading weekend and was far more confident than she has been in the past. she is getting much better and both finding and placing gear and trusting it. i was really proud of her.

speaking of triple bulges: where are the "white ovelaps / overhangs" on the second pitch? are they directly below the obvious tree ledge or are they to the climber's left and above the tree ledge? Lucander told me they were the latter while a guide at the bottom told me there were the former. I'm really curious to know.

I duno about that route... i turned that into a wandering adventure this spring. i basically said fuck any type of common route and went gear placement to gear placement in a semi continuous line towards the tree. Then i did that super fun overhang to the left after the tree but it kinda doesn't top out anywhere nice looking so i downclimbed back to the tree. Apparently you can top out and go over to M G's rap but the downclimb was easier. I think those are the white overhangs. Vote: up and Left


Gmburns2000


Aug 1, 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #22656 of 22775 (3498 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [jakedatc] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Got to the 'Gunks with Rachel, Melanie, and Rob (sorry to have missed you Bill). Battled the heat but got on layback, p1 of YYYY, and p1 of loose goose. then did triple bulges. rachel did a lot of leading weekend and was far more confident than she has been in the past. she is getting much better and both finding and placing gear and trusting it. i was really proud of her.

speaking of triple bulges: where are the "white ovelaps / overhangs" on the second pitch? are they directly below the obvious tree ledge or are they to the climber's left and above the tree ledge? Lucander told me they were the latter while a guide at the bottom told me there were the former. I'm really curious to know.

I duno about that route... i turned that into a wandering adventure this spring. i basically said fuck any type of common route and went gear placement to gear placement in a semi continuous line towards the tree. Then i did that super fun overhang to the left after the tree but it kinda doesn't top out anywhere nice looking so i downclimbed back to the tree. Apparently you can top out and go over to M G's rap but the downclimb was easier. I think those are the white overhangs. Vote: up and Left

I did the same thing you did. I think the white overhangs are up and left, too, but the topout there speaks about a rap tree anchor, and I didn't see one up above, so I retreated to the lower ledge. Upon rapping off that first tree ledge, I saw another set of white overhangs.


blueeyedclimber


Aug 1, 2011, 2:08 PM
Post #22657 of 22775 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4602

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is anybody looking for a Gunks partner this weekend?

Josh


jakedatc


Aug 1, 2011, 2:13 PM
Post #22658 of 22775 (3485 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 11054

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
Is anybody looking for a Gunks partner this weekend?

Josh

I want to but i'm spending a full week at rumney the 15th-21 so i should save some $$


robbovius


Aug 1, 2011, 2:34 PM
Post #22659 of 22775 (3484 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [JoeHamilton] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

JoeHamilton wrote:
QQ is said to not be legally climbable. .

Edited to write, "what the fuck are people doing posting to this old dinosaur of a thread?" and, " is Joe Hamilton really bristolpipe?


(This post was edited by robbovius on Aug 1, 2011, 2:42 PM)


losbill


Aug 1, 2011, 2:42 PM
Post #22660 of 22775 (3475 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 14, 2004
Posts: 416

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Rob you rabble-rouser, cut it out. Things have quieted down and here you are stirring the pot again!!!!


losbill


Aug 1, 2011, 2:44 PM
Post #22661 of 22775 (3479 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 14, 2004
Posts: 416

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Double cut it out!!!! Please do invoke the dreaded BP name!!!


robbovius


Aug 2, 2011, 5:48 AM
Post #22662 of 22775 (3454 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [losbill] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

losbill wrote:
Double cut it out!!!! Please do invoke the dreaded BP name!!!

no shit huh? I'll go over to NEclimbs now and see if he's hinted about that post over there, like he used to do. oh wait, here's some more bait that fucking weirdo couldn't resist when he was posting under his other usernames:

damn, in another 19 days it'l be 2 years since I took that fall adn broke my left ankle. I still have nerve damage and only partial sensation in the sole and toes, and the middle three toes have been paralyzed so long that they've become stuck, and I can't even make them bend manually with my fingers. doesn't really limit my climbing, though, what little of it I do these days.


(This post was edited by robbovius on Aug 2, 2011, 5:49 AM)


JoeHamilton


Aug 2, 2011, 7:01 AM
Post #22663 of 22775 (3442 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 15, 2011
Posts: 812

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Oh, that was a screen name? Glad I left it alone, lol. Silly me I thought it was an insult of sorts and looked it up. Then thought, what the hell is this dude saying.? I can assure you all I have not been here before, and don't play games like that. I am me, good, bad, indifferent, all the same.


TonyB3


Aug 2, 2011, 9:29 AM
Post #22664 of 22775 (3435 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 24, 2011
Posts: 32

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
no shit huh? I'll go over to NEclimbs now and see if he's hinted about that post over there, like he used to do. oh wait, here's some more bait that fucking weirdo couldn't resist when he was posting under his other usernames:

damn, in another 19 days it'l be 2 years since I took that fall adn broke my left ankle. I still have nerve damage and only partial sensation in the sole and toes, and the middle three toes have been paralyzed so long that they've become stuck, and I can't even make them bend manually with my fingers. doesn't really limit my climbing, though, what little of it I do these days.

Is that the same guy who posted about you being an unsafe climber prior to your multiple epics on a still incompleted 5.5 slab route, and then messing up your ankle on a warm up? Sounds like you don't like people who speak the truth.

And Old Man's Ghost is a well respected climbing photographer who is definitely not trolling under other user names. Your profile is laughably paranoid.


(This post was edited by TonyB3 on Aug 2, 2011, 9:31 AM)


losbill


Aug 2, 2011, 9:50 AM
Post #22665 of 22775 (3425 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 14, 2004
Posts: 416

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dang Josh! Timing is everything in life.

As I told you last time we spoke I am looking forward to partnering with you at the Gunks sometime. Unfortunatley/fortunately I need to fulfill a previous commitment to head up to North Conway for the weekend. Good luck finding a partner.


blueeyedclimber


Aug 3, 2011, 3:59 PM
Post #22666 of 22775 (3382 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4602

Re: [losbill] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

losbill wrote:
Dang Josh! Timing is everything in life.

As I told you last time we spoke I am looking forward to partnering with you at the Gunks sometime. Unfortunatley/fortunately I need to fulfill a previous commitment to head up to North Conway for the weekend. Good luck finding a partner.

I found someone. One of these days, Bill, I'll drag u up something Cool

Josh


Partner wideguy


Aug 5, 2011, 6:49 AM
Post #22667 of 22775 (3326 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 9, 2003
Posts: 15033

Re: [cracklover] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

QQ was also the impetus to get this thread started, and also helped create the community. I first met Core, Julia, Jake, Larry H, Jeremy, Rob, Wide, and others at QQ.

Maybe it should be renamed the QQ thread, LOL!

GTongue

The first "Eff the Groundhog, we're going climbing anyway" parties. Snow and donuts on the C-wall. That and the Monday night BBQ's we managed for one summer. I still conssider popping back there to try and get restarted. Sure the graffiti is pretty bad by now


robbovius


Aug 5, 2011, 7:59 AM
Post #22668 of 22775 (3314 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [wideguy] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
cracklover wrote:

QQ was also the impetus to get this thread started, and also helped create the community. I first met Core, Julia, Jake, Larry H, Jeremy, Rob, Wide, and others at QQ.

Maybe it should be renamed the QQ thread, LOL!

GTongue

The first "Eff the Groundhog, we're going climbing anyway" parties. Snow and donuts on the C-wall. That and the Monday night BBQ's we managed for one summer. I still conssider popping back there to try and get restarted. Sure the graffiti is pretty bad by now

HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)


robbovius


Aug 5, 2011, 8:01 AM
Post #22669 of 22775 (3312 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [JoeHamilton] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

JoeHamilton wrote:
Oh, that was a screen name? Glad I left it alone, lol. Silly me I thought it was an insult of sorts and looked it up. Then thought, what the hell is this dude saying.? I can assure you all I have not been here before, and don't play games like that. I am me, good, bad, indifferent, all the same.

Joe, just bustin' on the thread N00b ;-) enjoy your climbing.


(This post was edited by robbovius on Aug 5, 2011, 8:01 AM)


JoeHamilton


Aug 5, 2011, 8:09 AM
Post #22670 of 22775 (3308 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 15, 2011
Posts: 812

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I thought so,


Partner wideguy


Aug 5, 2011, 8:51 AM
Post #22671 of 22775 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 9, 2003
Posts: 15033

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)
Need to ressurect those . QQ is way closer to me at work than CRG or CR LOL

Yeah i haven't forgotten my pad, just haven't needed it yet ;-)


robbovius


Aug 5, 2011, 9:30 AM
Post #22672 of 22775 (3296 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [wideguy] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)
Need to ressurect those . QQ is way closer to me at work than CRG or CR LOL

Yeah i haven't forgotten my pad, just haven't needed it yet ;-)

well hey, when I'm back from Vacation we should plan a saturday at the Q, ya think?


jakedatc


Aug 5, 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #22673 of 22775 (3288 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 11054

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)
Need to ressurect those . QQ is way closer to me at work than CRG or CR LOL

Yeah i haven't forgotten my pad, just haven't needed it yet ;-)

well hey, when I'm back from Vacation we should plan a saturday at the Q, ya think?

rob you still owe a trip to Rumney ;) i'll be there 15th till 21 with a friend from ontario.. you should show up for a day


Partner wideguy


Aug 5, 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #22674 of 22775 (3281 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 9, 2003
Posts: 15033

Re: [robbovius] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)
Need to ressurect those . QQ is way closer to me at work than CRG or CR LOL

Yeah i haven't forgotten my pad, just haven't needed it yet ;-)

well hey, when I'm back from Vacation we should plan a saturday at the Q, ya think?

Q would be good... A wall and c wall slabbage before i try anything actually vertical LOL


robbovius


Aug 5, 2011, 9:26 PM
Post #22675 of 22775 (3261 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8405

Re: [wideguy] Climbing holds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
wideguy wrote:
robbovius wrote:
HA! yeah those were really fun times ;-) last time I was there was spring of '10, the bottom of Cwall was very slick in places from all the graffiti. there are some spots that are still graffiti free tho. I still have your crash pad ;-)
Need to ressurect those . QQ is way closer to me at work than CRG or CR LOL

Yeah i haven't forgotten my pad, just haven't needed it yet ;-)

well hey, when I'm back from Vacation we should plan a saturday at the Q, ya think?

Q would be good... A wall and c wall slabbage before i try anything actually vertical LOL

@ jake, I have your cel , if i can do it that week I'll call 'kay?

@ Wide, wanna try for sat the 20th?

First page Previous page 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.95 (10% off)
$210.56 (10% off)
$17.06 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook