Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

Partner cracklover

Aug 2, 2011, 8:37 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1313 views)
Shortcut

New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I can help!

I'm a competent climber - been at it for well over a decade. Was leading up to 5.12 trad and sport. Blew a finger pulley a couple of months ago, and am just now starting to get back on rock. All my old partners would be bored to death on the stuff I need to get on now - I just need lots of mileage on easy to moderate rock. I'd be happy to teach you anything you want to know, or just get out and have fun.

Gabe O

(This post was edited by cracklover on Aug 2, 2011, 10:35 AM)

mvince550

Aug 3, 2011, 4:38 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

My name is Mark. I live in Fremont County, Wyoming and am just starting to get into crack/gear climbing. I really don't have much interest in sport climbs.

Basically, I want to climb all the time, but im having a super hard time finding a willing OG to sort of put me through an apprenticeship, even in Lander. So if you're down, id be down to drive down there to climb. I have a decent rack and rope and can belay. Im 5'10", 150 lbs.

Let me know if you want to rock that shit sometime. 406 697 6494

Mark Vincent
In reply to:

Rockalicious

Aug 8, 2011, 3:33 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey you!!! Long time no talk! How'd you manage to blow a finger? Ouch! Anywho, couldn't swing 2 weeks off of work to go canyoneering so I'm stuck with one week off and I'm itching for at least a mini adventure. Where you at these days?

Partner cracklover

Aug 8, 2011, 7:27 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rockalicious] New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In still in Denver. Moved out here three years ago now. It's great!

No good reason for screwing up my finger. Did a move pretty similar to moves I'd probably done 1000 times before. Yes, it was a hard move. Yes, I probably had not warmed up quite as much as I might have. But I've done harder moves with less of a warm-up. Oh well. Anyway it's on the mend now.

Would be fun to climb w/ you, but I'm not able to take any time off - all my vaca is scheduled for the rest of the year. So I'm stuck being a complete weekend warrior for the rest of this year. Which is fine, since I shouldn't push it for a few more months anyway.

GO

iamgeniey

Aug 9, 2011, 2:29 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1225 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw your post, and if you have time to show me the crags, I would greatly appreciate it.
Traveling from NC.

thanks,
g

kimmyt

Aug 11, 2011, 5:35 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Gabe, we met at Gail's in NY this summer. My husband and I are out in Boulder, if you need partners for weekends or nights after work, feel free to send me a PM. We'll be a bit busy for the next few weekends with other stuff but in the fall should have more free time. I think the weekend of Aug 28 some acqs from Philly are coming out and going to do Bastille Crack in Eldo with the hub so I could use a partner that day if you want to climb with me. Give a holler,

Kim

amrutha678

Aug 27, 2011, 5:54 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kimmyt] New to trad? Interested in learning? Or just want a partner? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Im in Boulder, and I am blogging for a few companies as a beginner climber! I can climb a 5.10. I appreciate some climbers to climb with
Let me know!
Amrutha
amrutha678@gmail.com
In reply to:

nihilo

Aug 30, 2011, 8:04 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Gabe,

I am really glad to hear from you.
When you have a chace to go out, please let me know. I am new to rock climbing and did 5 times so far with paid guided tour this year. I really want to see and do rock climbing. I can provide a ride to you anywhere and I have a 60 meter rope, quick draws, ATC, etcs.

Thanks,

phinch1

Sep 11, 2011, 9:28 PM
Post #9 of 9 (981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi!
are you interested in climbing evenings this week in golden?

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook