RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

clemsonscooby

Aug 21, 2011, 6:02 PM
Post #1 of 3 (808 views)
Shortcut

Brickwall at Currahee
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just letting everyone know there is a large downed pine at the top of the Brick Wall of Currahee that used to live directly behind Jeep Streak. It prevents the use/top-out of the climbs from Power Flyer all the way to Epidemic. Many of the large branches are resting right on the bolts. If anyone goes up there a hand saw would be perfect to remove these limbs and trundle them down. I would not advise attempting to trundle the entire pine trunk. It is likely that climbs would get damaged or end up resting against the wall. Mainly just prune the branches and leave the trunk lay on the top of the wall. I will get around to this in about 2 weeks if nobody gets to it before me. That is most likely when I will be up there next.

clemsonscooby

Aug 31, 2011, 5:33 PM
Post #2 of 3 (768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clemsonscooby] Brickwall at Currahee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most of the routes at the Brick Wall are now open with the exception of Power Flyer. The main trunk is still left and will most likely need a chainsaw or better saws than the ones I had. I didn't clear the base, so there is some debri. This should be minor since most of the limbs were drug to the top. Hopefully none of the local kids decide to trundle it all down.

clemsonscooby

Sep 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #3 of 3 (747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clemsonscooby] Brickwall at Currahee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The cliff at the Brick Wall is now completely cleared. A portion of the trunk still remains, but does not obscure any of the anchors or top-outs. The base has a bunch of small twigs and pine cones that shouldn't cause any issues. Happy climbing!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook