Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 


Allfred


Sep 7, 2011, 6:53 AM
Post #1 of 12 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 29, 2011
Posts: 418

Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline.
Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope so. Seems like since Perry showed up she's done for. (not that he's any better)

In reply to:
Michele Bachmann, whose presidential campaign has lost steam since her victory in the Iowa Straw Poll, is switching up her campaign staff.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/...tructuring-strategy/

14:59 Michele. Tick tock.


traddad


Sep 7, 2011, 8:12 AM
Post #2 of 12 (1017 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [Allfred] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Allfred wrote:
I hope so. Seems like since Perry showed up she's done for. (not that he's any better)

In reply to:
Michele Bachmann, whose presidential campaign has lost steam since her victory in the Iowa Straw Poll, is switching up her campaign staff.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/...tructuring-strategy/

14:59 Michele. Tick tock.

Much to my chagrin, I too believe she is toast. She would have made a WONDERFUL republican candidate. Embodying the core Republican values of science denial, wealthcare, marriage inequality and Christianism, she represents the 21st century republican party well. Of course she could have represented the 19th century Republican party too...except she has a uterus.


Allfred


Sep 7, 2011, 8:38 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 29, 2011
Posts: 418

Re: [traddad] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
wealthcare,

Nice, I like that.


petsfed


Sep 7, 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #4 of 12 (991 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [traddad] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
Much to my chagrin, I too believe she is toast. She would have made a WONDERFUL republican candidate. Embodying the core Republican values of science denial, wealthcare, marriage inequality and Christianism, she represents the 21st century republican party well. Of course she could have represented the 19th century Republican party too...except she has a uterus.

You forgot unelectable. Not that Perry is much better. He's like a brick to the head as well.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Sep 7, 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #5 of 12 (976 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [traddad] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
Allfred wrote:
I hope so. Seems like since Perry showed up she's done for. (not that he's any better)

In reply to:
Michele Bachmann, whose presidential campaign has lost steam since her victory in the Iowa Straw Poll, is switching up her campaign staff.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/...tructuring-strategy/

14:59 Michele. Tick tock.

Much to my chagrin, I too believe she is toast. She would have made a WONDERFUL republican candidate. Embodying the core Republican values of science denial, wealthcare, marriage inequality and Christianism, she represents the 21st century republican party well. Of course she could have represented the 19th century Republican party too...except she has a uterus.

I know she isn't toast.


traddad


Sep 7, 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #6 of 12 (976 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [petsfed] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My prediction: Neither will get anywhere near the nomination. Both are completely unelectable. It doesn't take a PhD to understand that when a nominal "party" like the Teabaggers have a lower favorability rating than Muslims (recent poll), the adults will take over at some point and make sure that someone like Romney or Christy receives the nomination.


traddad


Sep 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #7 of 12 (975 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
traddad wrote:
Allfred wrote:
I hope so. Seems like since Perry showed up she's done for. (not that he's any better)

In reply to:
Michele Bachmann, whose presidential campaign has lost steam since her victory in the Iowa Straw Poll, is switching up her campaign staff.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/...tructuring-strategy/

14:59 Michele. Tick tock.

Much to my chagrin, I too believe she is toast. She would have made a WONDERFUL republican candidate. Embodying the core Republican values of science denial, wealthcare, marriage inequality and Christianism, she represents the 21st century republican party well. Of course she could have represented the 19th century Republican party too...except she has a uterus.

I know she isn't toast.


Ok, Ok...she's a soggy Fig Newton


veganclimber


Sep 7, 2011, 1:08 PM
Post #8 of 12 (965 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [traddad] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
My prediction: Neither will get anywhere near the nomination. Both are completely unelectable.

I agree. I'm just hoping that its a long, bloody battle.


Allfred


Sep 8, 2011, 5:08 AM
Post #9 of 12 (929 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 29, 2011
Posts: 418

Re: [traddad] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
...the adults will take over at some point and make sure that ...

That's how I felt for the bush elections...


jt512


Sep 9, 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #10 of 12 (899 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21887

Re: [petsfed] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
traddad wrote:
Much to my chagrin, I too believe she is toast. She would have made a WONDERFUL republican candidate. Embodying the core Republican values of science denial, wealthcare, marriage inequality and Christianism, she represents the 21st century republican party well. Of course she could have represented the 19th century Republican party too...except she has a uterus.

You forgot unelectable.

Yeah, like when has America ever elected (or re-elected) an unelectable president?

Jay


(This post was edited by jt512 on Sep 9, 2011, 12:15 AM)


petsfed


Sep 9, 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #11 of 12 (856 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [jt512] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valid. But I also recognize that Obama's only real competition is his own record. The independents the GOP needs to win over to beat him probably won't overlook absolute batshit crazy behavior from Bachmann or Perry without some really compelling reasons.

Neither Gore nor Kerry was readily electable either, so it didn't take as lousy of vision to see Bush as the lesser of two evils, but I think that the GOP doesn't stand a chance as long as the Democrats consistently remind the public that the Republicans think middle-class Americans make more than a quarter million a piece each year, and will readily risk financial ruin in the name of making Obama look bad.

All the Republicans have is belittling Obama's failure to get rid of the 50 million pounds of shit left by his predecessor, and belittling every attempt as socialism.


traddad


Sep 9, 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #12 of 12 (840 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [petsfed] Is this the sign of Bachmann's decline. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
All the Republicans have is belittling Obama's failure to get rid of the 50 million pounds of shit left by his predecessor, and belittling every attempt as socialism.


However...this seems to be working to some degree.

People believe what they wan't to believe.


Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$16.16 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)
$40.46 (10% off)
$80.06 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook