RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

guernica

Sep 16, 2011, 3:23 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1822 views)
Shortcut

possibly moving to INDY...what gym
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climbtime or The Crag?

thanks, I should hopefully be checking both of them out this weekend.

shotwell

Sep 18, 2011, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guernica] possibly moving to INDY...what gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guernica wrote:
Climbtime or The Crag?

thanks, I should hopefully be checking both of them out this weekend.

Two different climb times, Towers and Indy. It all really depends on the type of climbing you like.

A lot of strong boulderers climb at Indy, though I've heard some negative remarks about the setting lately. Towers has the best lead wall of the bunch and several auto belays. The bouldering is typically good as well. The Crag has a pretty mellow scene, some cool walls, and mainly positive holds. Last time I was there it probably had the fewest hard routes of all of them. Very little bouldering at The Crag; though there is a newer section with bouldering. Never saw much of anyone back there.

If you're looking to work specific weaknesses you'll find lots of slopers and pinches at Towers. The Crag will help you work on positive crimps. I haven't been to Indy in years; it is a bit far out of the way for me.

Wavebolt

Oct 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] possibly moving to INDY...what gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hoosier Heights (http://www.hoosierheights.com) in Bloomington is the only gym in Indiana worth considering. It blows Climb Time and The Crag out of the water. In fact, most of the Climb Time "members" are also members of HH and regularly climb twice per week at HH because it is so much better. Don't waste your time at the Indy gyms.

shotwell

Oct 28, 2011, 9:57 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1579 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Wavebolt] possibly moving to INDY...what gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Wavebolt wrote:
Hoosier Heights (http://www.hoosierheights.com) in Bloomington is the only gym in Indiana worth considering. It blows Climb Time and The Crag out of the water. In fact, most of the Climb Time "members" are also members of HH and regularly climb twice per week at HH because it is so much better. Don't waste your time at the Indy gyms.

Your advertising could stand to be subtle and honest Isaac. Making it clear that you also work at Heights would show integrity.

I agree that Heights is the best gym in Indy. If I had the time to blow 2 hours and 30 minutes (round trip) each time I wanted to go climb, I would go there. However, I can (when in Indy) go to the Crag in 10 minutes (round trip) or Towers in 30 minutes (also round trip.) Saying 'most' members of both Climb Times to be members at Heights as well is laughable. Stats please?

I would be more inclined to let this unsupported claim passed as fact slide if you hadn't just slagged all over the Bolt Product bolts erroneously. Be honest when you advertise. Both the Wave Bolt and HH are good, fairly priced products. You don't need to make them more than they are.

Wavebolt

Oct 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shotwell] possibly moving to INDY...what gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Two over-excited posts. Point(s) taken.

tH1e-swiN1e

Nov 6, 2011, 8:45 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Wavebolt] possibly moving to INDY...what gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dont mind Isaac, hes just trying to get heads in for the competition next weekend.

As for gyms I live in Indy and am a member at Towers, because Climbtime Indy is horrible, no joke. I am also a member at Hoosier Heights, more so because most of my outdoor climbing partners climb there and I frequent Bloomington anyway.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook