RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

clbr7

Sep 17, 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #1 of 6 (4199 views)
Shortcut

MATERNITY CLIMBING CLOTHES
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a question for any one who is pregnant and still climbing or anyone who has been climbed while they were pregnant.

What do you wear for maternity clothes when climbing?

Where does a pregnant climber turn to when they want to have functional, durable and stylish maternity clothes!!!

All suggestions appreciated!

smallclimber

Sep 17, 2011, 5:59 PM
Post #2 of 6 (4178 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clbr7] MATERNITY CLIMBING CLOTHES [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just yoga pants from standard maternity suppliers like Gap or Old Navy with a loose t-shirt. You can probably get them in full length, crop and shorts. I also have a pair of prana yoga length shorts (knee length), with a wide waist band which seem to fit and stay up no matter what size I am.

Once you have to move to the dreaded full body harness you will not look stylish no matter what else you are wearing. I just got mine back out again today (24 weeks) and remembered how ugly it was!

klopik

Sep 17, 2011, 9:09 PM
Post #3 of 6 (4171 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smallclimber] MATERNITY CLIMBING CLOTHES [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was wearing my regular low rise yoga/climbing pants - I never actually bought any sportswear for being pregnant, my regular stuff worked for me quiet well.
I bought a bunch of maternity tank tops (from Motherhood Maternity), and thats what I used for climbing and running and hiking alike. They were in bright fun colors, I thought I looked cool :)

clee03m

Sep 18, 2011, 3:42 AM
Post #4 of 6 (4164 views)
Shortcut

Re: [klopik] MATERNITY CLIMBING CLOTHES [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most my low cut yoga pants I wear for climbing works during pregnancy. None yoga pants didn't work for me. I didn't have enough pants so I ended up buying some yoga pants from maternity stores. I also bought a bunch of tank tops and short sleeve shirts from Motherhood maternity. I don't care to wear loose clothing while I climb because they get caught in gear and such.

It is true that after the full body harness (I started wearing mine after 14 weeks both pregnancy to avoid pressure on the belly), it is really hard to look stylish.

alicias

Oct 19, 2011, 7:19 PM
Post #5 of 6 (4016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am currently 28 weeks with my first baby. I just had to move into the full body harness is past weekend, not comfortable at all! I'm sure I'll get used to it, but for now, it feels quite awkward.

I still can wear my regular jeans that I have always climbed in because they have some stretch to them, but I'm sure that I'll be out of them eventually. For when that happens, I bough a pair of Mountain Hardware stretchy pants off steep and cheap. Right now, they are still too big, but I'm sure I'll be in them sooner or later.

For tops, I just wear longer things in stretchy fabrics or a long tank top under a regular shirt.

I never really looked cool, but I don't look much worse than pre-pregnancy. That is all I'm really hoping for!!

Here I am sporting my getup a couple days ago at the Gunks:
Attachments: 28 weeks at Gunks.jpg (94.6 KB)

aimeerose

Dec 16, 2011, 5:14 AM
Post #6 of 6 (3818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mountain Mama makes great stuff if you're willing to spend a little $$. They often have really good sales. The hardest thing for me with the full body harness is when I want to switch from long sleeves to short sleeves (like I get too hot mid-route). Cardigan style long sleeve tops seem to work best for that. I wore my regular climbing pants and capris throughout because they are low rise and stretchy, but they did get a bit stretched out. Tie waist pants/capris are great too.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook