Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Bouldering:
Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

 


jdryden


Sep 27, 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #1 of 13 (1848 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 27, 2011
Posts: 2

Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am a product design student at the Cleveland Institute of Art working on my senior thesis project. I am a avid climber and am trying to improve the climbing experience. Taking my survey will greatly help me with my research.
Here is the link to my online survey
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC8P7QC
Thanks-


(This post was edited by jdryden on Sep 27, 2011, 5:38 PM)


jae8908


Sep 27, 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #2 of 13 (1830 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 15, 2011
Posts: 270

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Took it, hope it helps you out.


shockabuku


Sep 27, 2011, 6:48 PM
Post #3 of 13 (1817 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4855

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jdryden wrote:
I am a product design student at the Cleveland Institute of Art working on my senior thesis project. I am a avid climber and am trying to improve the climbing experience. Taking my survey will greatly help me with my research.
Here is the link to my online survey
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC8P7QC
Thanks-


sungam


Sep 28, 2011, 1:40 AM
Post #4 of 13 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26562

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Uh, this is going to help the bouldering community how?


johnwesely


Sep 28, 2011, 4:12 AM
Post #5 of 13 (1760 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Uh, this is going to help the bouldering community how?

Maybe the survey is an outlet for spray?


johnwesely


Sep 28, 2011, 6:29 AM
Post #6 of 13 (1742 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I took your survey and found it be rather pointless. With those questions, I really do not think you will find any valuable information.


jdryden


Sep 28, 2011, 7:05 AM
Post #7 of 13 (1732 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 27, 2011
Posts: 2

Re: [johnwesely] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know some of the questions do seem redundant and pointless but each question was written for a very specific reason. I do not want to disclose to much information about the project to avoid bias in the answers but if you know what my intentions were I think you would understand a bit better. If you think I should have worded something differently or asked a completely different question/s feel free to post what you dont like. Being an art student I am always willing to be critiqued.


johnwesely


Sep 28, 2011, 7:10 AM
Post #8 of 13 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jdryden wrote:
I know some of the questions do seem redundant and pointless but each question was written for a very specific reason. I do not want to disclose to much information about the project to avoid bias in the answers but if you know what my intentions were I think you would understand a bit better. If you think I should have worded something differently or asked a completely different question/s feel free to post what you dont like. Being an art student I am always willing to be critiqued.

The information from the questions will do nothing to tell you what kind of climber the survey taker is. Different kinds of climbers buy different stuff.


ceebo


Sep 28, 2011, 8:26 AM
Post #9 of 13 (1708 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 8, 2009
Posts: 862

Re: [johnwesely] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
jdryden wrote:
I know some of the questions do seem redundant and pointless but each question was written for a very specific reason. I do not want to disclose to much information about the project to avoid bias in the answers but if you know what my intentions were I think you would understand a bit better. If you think I should have worded something differently or asked a completely different question/s feel free to post what you dont like. Being an art student I am always willing to be critiqued.

The information from the questions will do nothing to tell you what kind of climber the survey taker is. Different kinds of climbers buy different stuff.


I buy what he baught, who is he anyway?.

God damn the crafty fucker with his infectious sheepism consumership.


johnwesely


Sep 28, 2011, 8:33 AM
Post #10 of 13 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [ceebo] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ceebo wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
jdryden wrote:
I know some of the questions do seem redundant and pointless but each question was written for a very specific reason. I do not want to disclose to much information about the project to avoid bias in the answers but if you know what my intentions were I think you would understand a bit better. If you think I should have worded something differently or asked a completely different question/s feel free to post what you dont like. Being an art student I am always willing to be critiqued.

The information from the questions will do nothing to tell you what kind of climber the survey taker is. Different kinds of climbers buy different stuff.


I buy what he baught, who is he anyway?.

God damn the crafty fucker with his infectious sheepism consumership.

I am now rather confused.


Gmburns2000


Sep 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #11 of 13 (1681 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15095

Re: [johnwesely] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
ceebo wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
jdryden wrote:
I know some of the questions do seem redundant and pointless but each question was written for a very specific reason. I do not want to disclose to much information about the project to avoid bias in the answers but if you know what my intentions were I think you would understand a bit better. If you think I should have worded something differently or asked a completely different question/s feel free to post what you dont like. Being an art student I am always willing to be critiqued.

The information from the questions will do nothing to tell you what kind of climber the survey taker is. Different kinds of climbers buy different stuff.


I buy what he baught, who is he anyway?.

God damn the crafty fucker with his infectious sheepism consumership.

I am now rather confused.


yeah, whaaa?!?


JohnCook


Sep 29, 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #12 of 13 (1630 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 26, 2006
Posts: 220

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hope you are going to tabulate and post the results, and your conclusions drawn from the survey.


dharmanos


Sep 30, 2011, 1:03 PM
Post #13 of 13 (1572 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 18, 2011
Posts: 13

Re: [jdryden] Survey trying to help the bouldering community. please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks for asking. I never reflected on why I like climbing. I've just keep climbing. Answering the questions was fun gave me some clarity. Good luck. I hope you can post some results in the future.


Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$71.96 (10% off)
$17.95 (10% off)
$52.16 (10% off)
$10.85 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook