RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

feetfirst

Oct 4, 2011, 3:14 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1590 views)
Shortcut

mt. woodson oct. 2
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so i broke out the new crash pad, a mad pad, and continued up the hike looking like a sherpa, cause i was a sherpa... but hit the practice boulders at the bottom and sent every route minus the friction climb to warm up. then went straight to the top. Met a stranger a long the way that builds climbing walls for san diego area and he tagged along.

long, steep hike to say the least but the road is atleast paved. Made it to the top and set up a top rop for Crucible, a 25 foot off width that starts from a finger crack and continues to a full body width top out. Having no experience with a crack that large, being new to crack climbing, i did not have the technique or skill to send the route unfortunately but the random guy sent it. (apparently he normally climbs multi pitch in Idylwild)

So we headed back down the path to a few boulder problems, super chicken and a variation off to the right, broken glass everywhere below, thank God for the crash pad.

continued to move down the mountain to rockwork orange. had to set up a gear anchor but soon sent the hand crack and called it a day. all in all, an good 5 hour day with some great climbing. cant wait till the next trip.

CamelCigarettePack

Nov 15, 2011, 4:21 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1447 views)
Shortcut

Re: [feetfirst] mt. woodson oct. 2 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nice, that is a really cool area, I haven't done too much there but really enjoyed Baby Robins and Robins Crack.

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook