Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 2:44 AM
Post #1 of 31 (3461 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a month away. Some of my favorite movies

The Shining
Picnic at Hanging Rock-Older movie
Secret Window
Mr. Brooks
Omen
Mothman Prophecies
Poltergeist
The Birds
Psycho
Seventh Seal

Any others to share?


sbaclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 5:56 AM
Post #2 of 31 (3448 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds


xmesox


Sep 30, 2011, 6:02 AM
Post #3 of 31 (3444 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 17, 2009
Posts: 326

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whaaaa-

How did The Exorcist miss the OP list! Shocked

The Exorcist
The Shining
Poltergeist
IT
The Omen
Begotten


Toast_in_the_Machine


Sep 30, 2011, 6:12 AM
Post #4 of 31 (3440 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thriller


sbaclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 6:14 AM
Post #5 of 31 (3439 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Thriller
HAHAHAHA Cool


Toast_in_the_Machine


Sep 30, 2011, 6:29 AM
Post #6 of 31 (3431 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Thriller
HAHAHAHA Cool

It is like we are all stuck in prison.


byran


Sep 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #7 of 31 (3412 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 6, 2006
Posts: 266

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Horror is my favorite movie genre, and these are some of my favorites:

Alien trilogy
Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (pt 1, pt 2, and Next Generation)
Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator
Return of the Living Dead
Rosemary's Baby
Cabin Fever
Friday 13th Part 9: Jason Goes to Hell
Freddy vs Jason
28 Days Later
Saw (I & II)
Blindness
[Rec]


(This post was edited by byran on Sep 30, 2011, 12:01 PM)


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 3:49 PM
Post #8 of 31 (3391 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [xmesox] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xmesox wrote:
Whaaaa-

How did The Exorcist miss the OP list! Shocked



XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxx

Just thought I would leave it for you!


(This post was edited by damienclimber on Sep 30, 2011, 3:52 PM)


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 4:01 PM
Post #9 of 31 (3388 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [byran] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

byran wrote:
Horror is my favorite movie genre, and these are some of my favorites:

Alien trilogy
Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (pt 1, pt 2, and Next Generation)
Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator
Return of the Living Dead
Rosemary's Baby
Cabin Fever
Friday 13th Part 9: Jason Goes to Hell
Freddy vs Jason
28 Days Later
Saw (I & II)
Blindness
[Rec]


Rosemary's baby - great



Interview with the Vampire?
Or was Brad Pitt / Tom Cruise just too pretty

Almost forgot-

Village of the Damned !!
(-p.s Chris Reeves last movie-
I think it was those telepathic evil genius children from Denmark that caused his horse fall)


yanqui


Oct 1, 2011, 8:37 PM
Post #10 of 31 (3364 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 24, 2004
Posts: 1550

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll certainly agree with Re-Animator: a cult classic horror film, if ever (Do you have a basement? .... What, he's dead? Not anymore! .... I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm very disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death and here you are, trysting with a bubble-headed co-ed. You're not even a second-rate scientist.)

Other classics: Dawn of the Dead (1978 original), Fright Night (1985 original), The Thing (1982 remake) and The Bride of Frankenstein (1935). Other gems: Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, 28 Days Later (as above) and The Fly (1986 remake).


damienclimber


Oct 2, 2011, 3:34 PM
Post #11 of 31 (3342 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [yanqui] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yanqui wrote:
I'll certainly agree with Re-Animator: a cult classic horror film, if ever (Do you have a basement? .... What, he's dead? Not anymore! .... I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm very disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death and here you are, trysting with a bubble-headed co-ed. You're not even a second-rate scientist.)

Other classics: Dawn of the Dead (1978 original), Fright Night (1985 original), The Thing (1982 remake) and The Bride of Frankenstein (1935). Other gems: Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, 28 Days Later (as above) and The Fly (1986 remake).

Nice list. Quite fond of the Fly!

Here's a few more X-tra's from me To all !


Dark Water
Dead Zone
Dead Calm
The Others
Amityville Horror-Btw got a haunted jeep from there
The Fog
Ten Little Indians
Bad Seed---csi favorite!
Don't look now!
The Other- book much better
Open water-true story


any comments?


damienclimber


Oct 7, 2011, 6:33 AM
Post #12 of 31 (3283 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds

You can add some german movies with english subtitles;


My altrustic halloween nsture:


The Sixth Sense* Blue Eyed Climber
Godsend
Hid and Seek
Tales from Darkside Outer Limits
Twlight Zone

Jt512 sport climbing in Mt. Lemmon*
The Glass House with Lindsay Lohan*
Camhead In what Lies Beneath*
Are You My Dude in Audrey Rose*

Kartessa in the Hurt Locker*
Snoppy in Cujo*
The Signs starring Cracklover*

FireStarter w Drew BarryMore
Silence of the Lambs
Wicker Man


* Alternative /endings may not be released in all areas






































































zone


sbaclimber


Oct 7, 2011, 7:32 AM
Post #13 of 31 (3275 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds

You can add some german movies with english subtitles;
I can?
Short of Nostferatu (which doesn't really need subtitlesTongue), I can't think of any....


johnwesely


Oct 10, 2011, 9:06 AM
Post #14 of 31 (3221 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


styndall


Oct 10, 2011, 3:36 PM
Post #15 of 31 (3206 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.


johnwesely


Oct 10, 2011, 3:48 PM
Post #16 of 31 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.


sbaclimber


Oct 11, 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #17 of 31 (3177 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep


styndall


Oct 11, 2011, 8:38 AM
Post #18 of 31 (3148 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep

You shouldn't forget Dead Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/...=Zvt1ZM1_5Ao#t=1m51s


sbaclimber


Oct 11, 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #19 of 31 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep

You shouldn't forget Dead Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/...=Zvt1ZM1_5Ao#t=1m51s
I didn't....
(look it up Tongue)


notapplicable


Oct 12, 2011, 9:49 PM
Post #20 of 31 (3109 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.


notapplicable


Oct 12, 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #21 of 31 (3105 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would also like to add Thirst and Let The Right Ones In to the list.


styndall


Oct 13, 2011, 8:10 AM
Post #22 of 31 (3087 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.


notapplicable


Oct 13, 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #23 of 31 (3050 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.

You ain't seen nothin yet!

I feel ya though and I think that wave crested with Antichrist. Melancholia, although perhaps aptly named, will almost certainly be much tamer.


damienclimber


Oct 13, 2011, 3:22 PM
Post #24 of 31 (3042 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
styndall wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.

You ain't seen nothin yet!

I feel ya though and I think that wave crested with Antichrist. Melancholia, although perhaps aptly named, will almost certainly be much tamer.


Antichrist- Heard my name! Damien

Thanks for sharing , seems like a good list for all to enjoy.


Personally more fond of thrillers vs gory horrors with some exceptions.
To each their own.

So many movies , hard to pick favorites!


damienclimber


Oct 13, 2011, 3:42 PM
Post #25 of 31 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


Never saw these, Insidious looked pretty good!

Lake Mungo? Hmmn

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook