Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New to outside climbing... any bouldering routes around lewistown/burnham/reedsville/milroy etc.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Newguy829

Oct 14, 2011, 9:22 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1745 views)
Shortcut

New to outside climbing... any bouldering routes around lewistown/burnham/reedsville/milroy etc.  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

this is my first post on this site so sorry if I do anything wrong.

Anyways I live in Burnham which is near lewistown and i've been in to climbing for about a month and a week now. I'm makin some good progress and climbing pretty tough stuff at my colleges climbing wall. I was wondering if there is any good places that i can boulder at near where i live. any help is much appreciated. thanks!

superchuffer

Oct 14, 2011, 9:41 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1739 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Newguy829] New to outside climbing... any bouldering routes around lewistown/burnham/reedsville/milroy etc. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mountainproject.com

brm

Oct 31, 2011, 6:32 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1544 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Newguy829] New to outside climbing... any bouldering routes around lewistown/burnham/reedsville/milroy etc. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hunters rocks is going to be your best bet. Roughly 30 min drive from reedsville area.

Dweinhold

Apr 17, 2012, 5:47 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, there are routes literally everywhere in that region, you can explore by car or foot, just be very courteous and respectful to the people you meet, and you will be allowed to climb most anywhere in the area. Lots of state land with good rock too. Take your pad, a sandwich and water, a solid brush, and explore until you find a good piece.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook