Partner camhead

Oct 18, 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1914 views)
Shortcut

Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, almost never funny...

Teen girl forced to wear armor, fight stepfather with wooden sword.

iknowfear

Oct 18, 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1896 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i was expecting some jimmy carr goodness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SagayzX2T7Y

cheers

Toast_in_the_Machine

Oct 20, 2011, 2:43 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1836 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Would the press have been different if it was a teen boy who played football?

Partner camhead

Oct 20, 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:

Would the press have been different if it was a teen boy who played football?

No. Renaissance Fair anachronism is funny irregardless of gender.

verginiaB

Oct 22, 2011, 7:24 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In its original sense, discipline is referred to systematic instruction given to disciples to train them as students in a craft or trade, or to follow a particular code of conduct or "order". To discipline means to instruct a person to follow a particular code of conduct or order. In the field of child development, discipline refers to methods of modeling character and of teaching self-control and acceptable behavior. But it now carries a negative connotation because enforcement of order – that is, ensuring instructions are carried out – is often regulated through punishment. Just like with the [url=http://www.newsytype.com/12989-fight-with-wooden-sword/]Medieval hobbyist forces daughter to fight him with a wooden sword. I understand that a parent should discipline and punish their child when they have done wrong but using a wooden sword or any hard thing is not appropriate. He could have killed her thinking that the fight lasted for two hours.

chadnsc

Oct 22, 2011, 1:54 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Re: [verginiaB] Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

verginiaB wrote:
In its original sense, discipline is referred to systematic instruction given to disciples to train them as students in a craft or trade, or to follow a particular code of conduct or "order". To discipline means to instruct a person to follow a particular code of conduct or order. In the field of child development, discipline refers to methods of modeling character and of teaching self-control and acceptable behavior. But it now carries a negative connotation because enforcement of order – that is, ensuring instructions are carried out – is often regulated through punishment. Just like with the [url=http://www.newsytype.com/12989-fight-with-wooden-sword/]Medieval hobbyist forces daughter to fight him with a wooden sword. I understand that a parent should discipline and punish their child when they have done wrong but using a wooden sword or any hard thing is not appropriate. He could have killed her thinking that the fight lasted for two hours.

You're also missing the point that prior to the forced battle the husband and wife beat their daughter.

Now I'm not sure if the couple used something 'hard' to beat the girl prior to the sword fight so I'm not sure if that would count as abuse in your eyes.

notapplicable

Oct 23, 2011, 1:16 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [verginiaB] Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

verginiaB wrote:

Daddy can punish me with his hard thing any day.

chadnsc

Oct 23, 2011, 7:19 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1739 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Child Abuse and Domestic Violence are never funny [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
verginiaB wrote:

Daddy can punish me with his hard thing any day.

You like BEARS don't ya? Wink

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook