RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

123mardog

Jun 11, 2011, 8:25 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1225 views)
Shortcut

Spain... affordable?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hello, playing around with the idea of traveling to Spain this fall to climb for hopefully a couple of months at least. I've never climbed in Europe before and I'm wondering how affordable it could be. I am from the U.S. so the exchange from dollars to euros is not in my favor. I understand there are many different areas and they probably all have different camping fees and regulations but basically what I want to learn from this forum is if it is possible to get by cheap in Spain or if there is really no way around spending a lot while there.

123mardog

Jun 11, 2011, 8:27 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1223 views)
Shortcut

Re: [123mardog] Spain... affordable? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I do have a friend who I would meet up with and he has a car which would help things out quite a bit.

Thanks!

rockie

Aug 4, 2011, 3:45 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1115 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey

Just came across this post on here, and I can assure you Spain is very cheap. Probably the most affordable place to holiday in Europe.

I had a week camping there and spent a total of 100 pounds once including the camp site fee. Just to give you an idea. The food on eating out is a bit salty for my liking there mind.

I've friends back here in the UK who climb there often, it's meant to be the dogs bollox if you like sport climbing. More of trad climber myself.

Ofe

Oct 23, 2011, 3:02 AM
Post #4 of 7 (947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are some nice "fincas" (small farms) that let you sleep and eat for free if you do some work there. I have met some climbers living this way in Sella on Costa Blanca. Sella is one of the best valleys for sport climbing on the Mediterraneancoast, so this is a good idea. Contact the people that run this farm and activity-center: http://www.aqua-ventura.com/ They have people living there all the time working for food and accommodation. And the Sella-climbing is the best! Good luck :)

John5

Oct 23, 2011, 5:23 AM
Post #5 of 7 (939 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It can be as cheap/expensive as you want it to be. I spent a month in spain last year on a pretty limited budget. Camping and cooking for yourself, you should be able to last quite a while on cheap budget.

damienclimber

Oct 26, 2011, 2:07 PM
Post #6 of 7 (904 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Ofe] Spain... affordable? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Ofe wrote:
There are some nice "fincas" (small farms) that let you sleep and eat for free if you do some work there. I have met some climbers living this way in Sella on Costa Blanca. Sella is one of the best valleys for sport climbing on the Mediterraneancoast, so this is a good idea. Contact the people that run this farm and activity-center: http://www.aqua-ventura.com/ They have people living there all the time working for food and accommodation. And the Sella-climbing is the best! Good luck :)

do they kill animals on this farm?

Ofe

Oct 27, 2011, 6:50 AM
Post #7 of 7 (890 views)
Shortcut

Re: [damienclimber] Spain... affordable? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
Ofe wrote:

do they kill animals on this farm?

They just have one dog and some cats, and they are still alive as far as I know. They don't have any other animals, and most of the food served are vegetarian. The farming is all ecological :)

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook