Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Looking for Guide or Outing Company in DR - Las Galleras
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

iangraham

Oct 23, 2011, 8:51 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1100 views)
Shortcut

Looking for Guide or Outing Company in DR - Las Galleras  (North_America: Dominican_Republic)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am going to be in the DR over Xmas and New Years this year (24 Dec - 8 Jan). I am going to be in the Las Galleras area and would like to do some climbing. I have seen there is quite a bit of climbing in this area.

I am a moderately crappy climber that has not climbed much for the last few years. I will have a couple other people with me as well. At this point and after the last few years of sludgery we are really just top rope numbies.

Is there any guides or companies that run climbing excursions in this area? I am not looking for much, just someone who can show us the areas and help setup the ropes. If they have equipment that is good, but I could bring my own as well. I would like to climb a number of times, ideally every second day or so.

I would appreciate any information or anyone who is interested in doing this. I fully realize there will be costs associated with this and I am not looking for a free ride.

Ian Graham
613-858-3579
ir---graham---42@gmail.com (remove -dashes- from email address)

wladir

Dec 10, 2011, 1:11 PM
Post #2 of 3 (960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iangraham] Looking for Guide or Outing Company in DR - Las Galleras [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Ian,

all the local climbers in Domincian Republic are located in Santo Domingo city, also I don't know any Guide Company here in the island. I can give you all information you need, but will be easier for you if you can bring your oun equipemet, if not possible we can try to get you some here.

One more thing, will be better for you to go top roping, All fronton's routes are in front of sea so bolts ans hangers become unsafety most of the time and....... for Xmas and your vacations will be better that way.

if yoy need more info or RD climbing topo maps and contacts just let me know whermon@hotmail.com

Wladir.
In reply to:

jsab

Dec 22, 2011, 7:08 PM
Post #3 of 3 (916 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iangraham] Looking for Guide or Outing Company in DR - Las Galleras [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ian
Im gonna be in Cabarate for a couple of weeks starting the 25th of Dec and planning to head out to Fronton for a couple of days till deciding when).. gonna have rope draws etc...

Wladir

If you dont mind I will send you a message for route info etc... Also, do you have any info on deep water solo climbing in the area? Los Haitises National Park looks amazing for it..

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook