Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
We should rename this forum...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


pinktricam


Nov 5, 2011, 7:00 AM
Post #1 of 45 (2428 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

We should rename this forum...
Report this Post
Can't Post

...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Of course, we can expect the usual cast of characters to whine incessantly, so it would probably get pretty predictable and boring pretty soon....so, nevermind.


ubu


Nov 5, 2011, 8:05 AM
Post #2 of 45 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 17, 2008
Posts: 1476

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Of course, we can expect the usual cast of characters to whine incessantly, so it would probably get pretty predictable and boring pretty soon....so, nevermind.

Stop whining.


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 5, 2011, 8:07 AM
Post #3 of 45 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thing is, I would wager that the majority of those who frequent this forum are more centrist than far right or for left... But, for those who are on one extreme of the other, like yourself Eric, see only allies and enemies... If they don't think just like you, they are an enemy. There is no middle ground for you, as you just cannot recognize or understand compromize. You, on the far right, are just as closed minded as those on the far left, where the answers are most often somewhere in the middle, a place you just bring yourself to explore.

There really is an irony in your post, but you cannot see it, because you ARE on one extreme... You are the other EQUAL extreme of "Whiney Liberal".



Myself, I'm a centrist that leans just a little bit on the conservative side.


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 5, 2011, 8:12 AM)


macblaze


Nov 5, 2011, 8:51 AM
Post #4 of 45 (2362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2005
Posts: 807

Re: [rrrADAM] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I always get confused by the right's (and America's) definition of liberal. John Locke argued "that the rule of law should replace absolutism in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed, and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and property." (Wikipedia of course). That sound pretty American to me.

That is essentially the core of liberalism. Your American two-party-system creates a wonky attitude along the line of Adam's explanation which could be described as ultra liberals (Republicans) and everyone else.

Personally I think we liberals should campaign for a new name... "the Reasonables" or "Engaged Brains before Putting Mouth into Gears" or even "We'll Even Listen to the Idiots"...

Then again, we Canadians have 5 federal parties and the Liberals are 2nd from the right, so what the hell do I know...


(This post was edited by macblaze on Nov 5, 2011, 5:08 PM)


pinktricam


Nov 5, 2011, 2:08 PM
Post #5 of 45 (2334 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [rrrADAM] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"rrrADAM wrote:
Myself, I'm a centrist that leans just a little bit on the conservative side.

Better yet, it can be called "The delusional libby, whiney" forum...perfect!


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 5, 2011, 4:09 PM
Post #6 of 45 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you even know what you are talking about, Eric? Or, are you just parroting what you think liberal means based on some 'far right' (I.e., EXTREMIST) talking heads (E.g., Rush, Glenn, Pat, Sarah, et al)?

Here, let me try to help you:
In reply to:
LIBERALISM
lib-er-al-ism noun


Definition of LIBERALISM

1:
the quality or state of being liberal


2:
a: often capitalized: a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity

b: a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard

c: a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically: such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)

d: capitalized: the principles and policies of a Liberal party
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/liberalism

"Christian"... "Protection of Civil Liberties"... "Equality"...
Those nasty heathen Liberals promote and stand for sume bad stuff, huh?. Crazy



But you can't even recognize any of this, can you? Nope... See reply by 'macblaze' above yours, as reason eludes you. You really are incapable of applying it.


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 5, 2011, 4:22 PM)


curt


Nov 5, 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #7 of 45 (2290 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt


pinktricam


Nov 6, 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #8 of 45 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [curt] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, just as anticipated, the libertards are showing up in force.

Where's traddy?


superchuffer


Nov 6, 2011, 2:50 AM
Post #9 of 45 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 9, 2011
Posts: 294

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nice trolling pinklebear


pinktricam


Nov 6, 2011, 5:03 AM
Post #10 of 45 (2264 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [curt] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt

C'mon, Curt, put your thinking cap on.There really aren't enough vocal conservatives around here to make that work, whereas there are quite a few very whiny libs.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Nov 6, 2011, 8:51 AM
Post #11 of 45 (2251 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [ubu] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Of course, we can expect the usual cast of characters to whine incessantly, so it would probably get pretty predictable and boring pretty soon....so, nevermind.

Stop whining.

Five (soapbox) stars.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Nov 6, 2011, 8:55 AM
Post #12 of 45 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt

C'mon, Curt, put your thinking cap on.There really aren't enough vocal conservatives around here to make that work, whereas there are quite a few very whiny libs.

You could always try posting well reasoned factual arguments that support a conservative viewpoint.

Ha!


curt


Nov 6, 2011, 9:41 AM
Post #13 of 45 (2244 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt

C'mon, Curt, put your thinking cap on.There really aren't enough vocal conservatives around here to make that work, whereas there are quite a few very whiny libs.

You could always try posting well reasoned factual arguments that support a conservative viewpoint.

Oxymoron of the day. Cool

Curt


petsfed


Nov 6, 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #14 of 45 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Which liberal whining has you so upset pinky?


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 6, 2011, 2:21 PM
Post #15 of 45 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [curt] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt

C'mon, Curt, put your thinking cap on.There really aren't enough vocal conservatives around here to make that work, whereas there are quite a few very whiny libs.

You could always try posting well reasoned factual arguments that support a conservative viewpoint.

Oxymoron of the day. Cool

Curt


oxymoron = pink rust? Unimpressed


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 6, 2011, 2:21 PM)


traddad


Nov 6, 2011, 5:36 PM
Post #16 of 45 (2206 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Yep, just as anticipated, the libertards are showing up in force.

Where's traddy?

You know that's a nickname for Libertarians, don't you?


guangzhou


Nov 6, 2011, 5:53 PM
Post #17 of 45 (2201 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2004
Posts: 3388

Re: [rrrADAM] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
Thing is, I would wager that the majority of those who frequent this forum are more centrist than far right or for left... But, for those who are on one extreme of the other, like yourself Eric, see only allies and enemies... If they don't think just like you, they are an enemy. There is no middle ground for you, as you just cannot recognize or understand compromize. You, on the far right, are just as closed minded as those on the far left, where the answers are most often somewhere in the middle, a place you just bring yourself to explore.

There really is an irony in your post, but you cannot see it, because you ARE on one extreme... You are the other EQUAL extreme of "Whiney Liberal".



Myself, I'm a centrist that leans just a little bit on the conservative side.

Very true.


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 7, 2011, 4:02 AM
Post #18 of 45 (2155 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [traddad] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
Yep, just as anticipated, the libertards are showing up in force.

Where's traddy?

You know that's a nickname for Libertarians, don't you?

Just doesn't work... Appealing to Eric's reason. What he "knows" is apparent in just this thread, let alone almost every post and reply he makes.

Incapable of articulation, reason, or logic... Just ignore, deny, and repeat the same old stuff, ad nauseam (To a disgusting or ridiculous degree; to the point of nausea)


Like Mark Twain said:
"The trouble with the world isn't that people know too little, but that they know so much that just ain't so."


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 7, 2011, 4:07 AM)


Partner j_ung


Nov 7, 2011, 8:16 AM
Post #19 of 45 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt

C'mon, Curt, put your thinking cap on.There really aren't enough vocal conservatives around here to make that work, whereas there are quite a few very whiny libs.

See, there's your problem. To you, conservatives are "vocal," and liberals are "whiny." There's an inherent bias in your perspective. Of course, there's one in mine, too, but I at least know it exists and try, albeit unsuccessfully sometimes, to tamp it down.


caughtinside


Nov 7, 2011, 8:24 AM
Post #20 of 45 (2126 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30323

Re: [j_ung] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All this partisan divisiveness is just silly. I'm a big tent sort of guy. Let's just rename this the fucking idiot forum and cover all the bases.


wjca


Nov 7, 2011, 9:08 AM
Post #21 of 45 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 7533

Re: [curt] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt


This may be insulting to the retards. Please edit your post accordingly.


petsfed


Nov 7, 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #22 of 45 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [caughtinside] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
All this partisan divisiveness is just silly. I'm a big tent sort of guy. Let's just rename this the fucking idiot forum and cover all the bases.

Agreed. Ya fuckin' idiot.


curt


Nov 7, 2011, 5:44 PM
Post #23 of 45 (2060 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [wjca] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
curt wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...the "Whiney Liberals'" forum.

Or possibly the "Retarded Conservatives" forum? That has a nice ring to it--apart from the obvious redundancy.

Curt


This may be insulting to the retards. Please edit your post accordingly.

Good point--any offense to actual retards was completely unintentional.

Curt


pinktricam


Nov 8, 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #24 of 45 (2045 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [petsfed] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
Which liberal whining has you so upset pinky?

"Upset"? Nah, not upset. Just noticed that whiney libs do a LOT of posting here.


xmesox


Nov 8, 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #25 of 45 (2044 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 17, 2009
Posts: 326

Re: [pinktricam] We should rename this forum... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Y U MAD BRO?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook