Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
climbing partners (I'm in philly, will travel)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

rchur

Nov 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3491 views)
Shortcut

climbing partners (I'm in philly, will travel)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello! I just moved to Philly from Yosemite and am looking for climbing partners. I haven't climbed on the east coast at all yet, so I'm not familiar with the areas.

I have a rope, full trad rack, car, and the flexibility of schedule that comes along with unemployment :P I can't climb very hard, but still love getting out on the rock. Feel free to shoot me a message.

cwo2

Nov 16, 2011, 3:47 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rchur] climbing partners (I'm in philly, will travel) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome to the East Coast!

In your immediate area, there is bouldering in Wissahickon Park & short top ropes at Livzey Rock.

Rocks State Park (Harford Co, MD ~90 mi) is a good crag not too far from you.

I haven't been getting out much lately, but there is a fb group here I've been networking with for a while:

http://www.facebook.com/...082188004527/?ref=ts

If you REALLY need a granite fix, I'm getting an alpine start Thursday morning & heading down to Old Rag, VA for the day. Long haul for you, though (& a long aporoach, too, for this region).

-Carl

rchur

Nov 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #3 of 7 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cwo2] climbing partners (I'm in philly, will travel) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into the fb group.

gblauer

Nov 20, 2011, 4:19 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yikes, I am afraid you are going to be very disappointed with local climbing.

Locally, we have sport climbing at Birdsboro and Safe Harbor. The Gunks in NY (about 3 hours away) for trad climbing. The New is sport and trad and is about 7 hours away, the Red is 10 hours away, sport and trad.

kwagner85

Nov 27, 2011, 1:22 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3339 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking for indoor partner to climb with and train with at Go Vertical on Columbus. Let me know if your interested in indoor climbing.
In reply to:

adidaswknight

Jan 17, 2012, 5:54 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My partner is out in colarado, lol, so im lookin 2, i mainly hit birdsburo;sport, been to stoney a long time ago;trad, stover is a joke; beginer toprope, n chickies is ok trad, hit me up if n wen ur free

adidaswknight

May 19, 2013, 8:09 AM
Post #7 of 7 (459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi my name is James (adidaswknight on rockclimbing.com)

Im looking for a belay partner or group of people to start climbing with. About 2 years ago my long time belay partner/friend moved to Colorado to become a proper climbing/ski bumb. The end of that summer my other belay partner and his climbing wife had there first child, so they are mostly doing that now.

Im not really a gym climber so its kinda hard for me to meet other climbers. I went to Birdsboro yesterday hoping to meet people to climb with and had to leave before I had time to really ask around. I was in awe at all the new climbs put up in the last 2 years since I have climbed there. Then it started raining and everyone ran.

I took a belayer job at PRG and have been basically getting my grip strength back and making sure I haven't forgotten anything as I didn't climb at all last year. So, I would no problem leading 5.8 .... hopefully mid summer back to 5.10 I have no problem belaying for higher level climbers( just pull your gear when your done lol)

I have 1 friend who Is just starting so on top rope. So I am planning a couple days at Ralph Stover getting her used to easy outside, but as a complete beginner IL be on practice slab teaching lead belay.

I have plenty of my own gear. Rope, and Crash pad. I have about 1/2 a rack of trad gear as my old partners and I just combined racks for Chickies, or Stoney Ridge but plenty to set up top rope anchors on my own.

I'm very excited to get out and start climbing outside again whenever I can. My friend "he newb" is learning quick and ready to head outside too. Weather permitting we will be out this Saturday the 25th.

If I fit your bill, let me know.
adidaswknight@aol.com

P.S. I have a black lab that during the week IL likely bring often. He is super nice, just gets scared with large groups of dogs so weekends are out (yesterday there were 6 or so from different owners all playing inside the fence) Till I get my friend trained I he is going to stay home but after that he's my buddy and gets mad when I go hiking or outdoors without him.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$4.05 (10% off)
$7.65 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)
$67.28 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook