Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing:
5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

 


tH1e-swiN1e


Nov 20, 2011, 8:10 AM
Post #1 of 18 (5975 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/adam-taylor-southern-smoke-direct-first-ascent-515a

Props to Adam Taylor for taking down Southern Smoke Direct, the direct line to Southern Smoke (14c). Im glad the first 15 at the Red was sent by a local red climber. Read the article, Adam climbs 14c and rockets off 60 pull-ups at the top!!! He is a machine and a true inspiration.


Now hoping to see J-Star take down the Vader Project (also supposed to be 15a) before seasons over.

http://www.jstarinorbit.com


jbone


Nov 20, 2011, 8:40 AM
Post #2 of 18 (5960 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 460

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (11 ratings)  
Can't Post

Where the hell does anybody get off trying to assign a grade to any problem that has only been sent by one person??

I don't care how many magazines you want to be on the cover of, your still a douchebag for even thinking this matters.


johnwesely


Nov 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #3 of 18 (5892 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [jbone] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

jbone wrote:
Where the hell does anybody get off trying to assign a grade to any problem that has only been sent by one person??

I don't care how many magazines you want to be on the cover of, your still a douchebag for even thinking this matters.

Everybody does this?


tH1e-swiN1e


Nov 20, 2011, 1:40 PM
Post #4 of 18 (5834 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

Re: [johnwesely] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.


climbingtrash


Nov 20, 2011, 2:17 PM
Post #5 of 18 (5814 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4821

Re: [jbone] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jbone wrote:
Where the hell does anybody get off trying to assign a grade to any problem that has only been sent by one person??

I don't care how many magazines you want to be on the cover of, your still a douchebag for even thinking this matters.

Well if you knew your history you'd know that rating a route after one ascent has be going on since the early years of the sport...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rock_climbing


shockabuku


Nov 20, 2011, 8:46 PM
Post #6 of 18 (5732 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4854

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

Anything? I mean really - anything?


tH1e-swiN1e


Nov 21, 2011, 7:29 AM
Post #7 of 18 (5634 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

Re: [shockabuku] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

Anything? I mean really - anything?

Hahaha Shocka.......my soul is yours when its gets downgraded to 14d lol.


damienclimber


Dec 9, 2011, 6:06 PM
Post #8 of 18 (5145 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

Anything? I mean really - anything?

Hahaha Shocka.......my soul is yours when its gets downgraded to 14d lol.


hey, CI did this FA-10 years ago with Johnny!


tH1e-swiN1e


Dec 14, 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #9 of 18 (4935 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

Re: [damienclimber] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I think you are mistaken, considering Southern Smoke and its direct start were bolted in 2008 by Joe Kinder.


sungam


Dec 15, 2011, 4:20 AM
Post #10 of 18 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26562

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
I think you are mistaken, considering Southern Smoke and its direct start were bolted in 2008 by Joe Kinder.
Damienclimber isn't all there. Not in a mean way, but she isn't.


damienclimber


Dec 15, 2011, 3:30 PM
Post #11 of 18 (4746 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [sungam] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
I think you are mistaken, considering Southern Smoke and its direct start were bolted in 2008 by Joe Kinder.
Damienclimber isn't all there. Not in a mean way, but she isn't.



Jealous Bi--tch ! Angelic


camhead


Dec 15, 2011, 4:43 PM
Post #12 of 18 (4723 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20695

Re: [damienclimber] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
I think you are mistaken, considering Southern Smoke and its direct start were bolted in 2008 by Joe Kinder.
Damienclimber isn't all there. Not in a mean way, but she isn't.



Jealous Bi--tch ! Angelic

and she smells like catpee.


caughtinside


Dec 15, 2011, 5:25 PM
Post #13 of 18 (4707 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30357

Re: [damienclimber] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

Anything? I mean really - anything?

Hahaha Shocka.......my soul is yours when its gets downgraded to 14d lol.


hey, CI did this FA-10 years ago with Johnny!

This is correct. Me and Johnny did that thing 10 years ago. We did top rope it after an onsight warmup of Ultra Perm, but thought the direct was maybe 13c/d and really worth bolting, so we moved on.


tH1e-swiN1e


Dec 16, 2011, 9:51 AM
Post #14 of 18 (4622 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

Re: [caughtinside] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Damn!! Catpee and crushing insane routes. I need to climb with these people.


damienclimber


Dec 18, 2011, 4:22 PM
Post #15 of 18 (4479 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Damn!! Catpee and crushing insane routes. I need to climb with these people.


Hey, why aren' t you climbing with Sasha she has the moves?


tH1e-swiN1e


Dec 19, 2011, 8:52 AM
Post #16 of 18 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 192

Re: [damienclimber] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Damn!! Catpee and crushing insane routes. I need to climb with these people.


Hey, why aren' t you climbing with Sasha she has the moves?

Shes too young to hang with a fogey like me. I seemed to cross paths with Graham and Herrington often.


camrock


Feb 24, 2012, 7:24 AM
Post #17 of 18 (3592 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 19, 2012
Posts: 18

Re: [tH1e-swiN1e] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/adam-taylor-southern-smoke-direct-first-ascent-515a wrote:
Adam comments that he is “confused about grades.”


climbingtrash


Feb 24, 2012, 3:43 PM
Post #18 of 18 (3494 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4821

Re: [camrock] 5.15a at the Red River Gorge!!! Southern Smoke Direct gets sent. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camrock wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:
Why are you whining?

As Wesley said....everybody who FAs does this.
Adam is a crusher. Hes established and FAed several 14+ routes here at the gorge, not to mention that route has been tried and tried and tried for years and no one could do it.

Ill bet anything the grade sticks.

http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/adam-taylor-southern-smoke-direct-first-ascent-515a wrote:
Adam comments that he is “confused about grades.”

yore doing it rong


Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$8.96 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$17.95 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook