RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

kickasssoprano

Nov 20, 2011, 7:07 PM
Post #1 of 7 (2940 views)
Shortcut

Yet another pregnancy question...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I tried on my climbing shoes the other morning and they don't fit anymore! Frown
Question for the other women who have been pregnant, did you have to buy new shoes post baby, or did your feet go back to normal?
I just bought a new pair of my favorite shoes before I got pregnant and they are super new and now I'm worried they won't fit anymore! boo

smallclimber

Nov 20, 2011, 7:44 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2934 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kickasssoprano] Yet another pregnancy question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

They will probably go back to their original size afterwards. Your whole body is a bit swollen at the moment, and often the feet are the most noticable. I have two pairs of shoes, a comfy all day trad pair, which are probably way too loose, but at my low level it doesn't make much difference. And a slightly tighter pair which I use in the gym. I wasn't able to use the gym pair by the end of the pregnancy, but used them again afterwards.
Now I don't use either of them, becouse we can't figure out how to climb with a 15 month old in tow......

Partner happiegrrrl

Nov 20, 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2922 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smallclimber] Yet another pregnancy question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One of my sisters gained a shoe size after and stayed. I thing=k, like all things climbing - it depends!

clee03m

Nov 21, 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have heard of some women who change shoe sizes permanently after pregnancy. But it seems that the majority of women go back to their original size.

Yeah, small, climbing with a toddler is a bit tricky, eh? Hope you figure it out. I felt like I had finally worked out climbing with my toddler, and now I am wondering how climbing with a toddler and an infant would all work out...

lena_chita

Nov 21, 2011, 5:25 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2885 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

They will likely fit again after pregnancy. But there is only one way to find out. :)

My personal experience was that I did not notice a change in my regular street shoe size after the first child, but after the second I seem to have gained 1/2 size. I used to wear 6-6.5 in street shoes, but after 2 kids it is now 6.5-7. I didn't have to get all new shoes all at once, because the shoes do stretch/conform to your foot. But over time trying on new shoes I noticed that size 6 never fit anymore, but size 7 feels good.

kickasssoprano

Nov 25, 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Yet another pregnancy question... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks everyone... I'm hoping my feet (and everything else) shrinks back to normal after I meet this little guy or girl... I'm so excited to climb again!

klopik

Dec 9, 2011, 1:32 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I stopped climbing at 8 months because my shoes wouldn't fit me anymore. Then 2 weeks after baby I tried them on and they were just fine!
In reply to:

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook