RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Cali

Nov 9, 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #1 of 19 (2880 views)
Shortcut

Partners for Central and South America
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi- I'm leaving for Cuba Dec. 8th 2011 and will be heading all the way south to Argentina without any real time frame. I'll have my basic gear (harness, shoes, chalk), but no rope or trad/sport gear. Anyone going to be in any awesome latin countries in 2012? I plan to climb in Cuba, Colombia, possibly Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil... but we'll see things always are changing!!
Let me know if anyone has any recommendations for good spots or good places to find partners in SA!
Thanks!

si_pro_83

Nov 9, 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #2 of 19 (2866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Cali] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha! I just signed up to write almost exactly the same thing! I'm heading to Chile end of Jan 2012 and will be travelling clockwise-ish around South/Central America for the rest of 2012. Feb-May should be something like Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecudor, Columbia. Looking for climbing partners - I lead up to about 6a+ (french grading).

Keep in touch and let me know where you end up.

Si

schlomorig

Nov 13, 2011, 5:39 PM
Post #3 of 19 (2845 views)
Shortcut

Re: [si_pro_83] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there,

I'm in south america now, in north Peru (after 3 months in ecuador) heading south to bolivia, chile and argentina. I'm climbing around 5.9 (6a in french I think). I'm traveling with only the basics harness, shoes, ... Would love to meet up with some of you if we're in the same area.
I'm speaking french, english and spanish (intermediate).

saludos

Lo

binyamingreen

Nov 16, 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #4 of 19 (2831 views)
Shortcut

Re: [schlomorig] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi every one,
I think we all share the same story,
i am looking for partners too and I am in south america right now in Peru, looking for partners too climb all over south america with no real time frame - just go with the flow, maybe we can meet all of us or at least some of u guys until the rest come in january... it could be great..
my email is binyamin.green@gmail.com
by the way where r u guys from?
Im from Israel and really enjoy meeting people from all over..

Cali

Nov 17, 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #5 of 19 (2827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binyamingreen] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Beautiful to hear so quickly from others down south and ready to climb! I am from California, (living in South Lake Tahoe) and I will be traveling with another friend. We plan on bringing only our harnesses/belay/shoes style basics so i'm not sure if anyone has any ideas about how easy it is to meet up with locals who have gear or about finding rental places that would have trad/sport gear.
sidenote-Be careful in Colombia and never take night buses... they get robbed so frequently its ridiculous!
alright well, hope to meet any or all of you sometime!
Cali

sameer.a.bhat

Nov 20, 2011, 2:17 AM
Post #6 of 19 (2789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binyamingreen] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi all
Guess we are all in the same boat. I just arrived in Bogota, Colombia a few days ago (from England). Think I will be here for a few months, before heading south to other S.American countries. Hoping to do climbing while out here, and just got basic gear with me (harness, shoes etc, no rope or gear). Do get in touch if anyone heads to or is in Colombia. Chao.

sameer.

Cali

Nov 22, 2011, 6:37 PM
Post #7 of 19 (2747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sameer.a.bhat] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So for those already in South America- are there any places in particular in central/south that you recommend? Are there any of those lovely climbing towns where everyone is climbing and someone has gear or there happens to be a shop with rental gear? If none of us have ropes or trad gear than how shall we all ascend??? hmmm adventures to be had, but where...

sameer.a.bhat

Nov 23, 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #8 of 19 (2739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I only just got to Bogota under a week ago, so can't comment much on other parts of S.America, but when I was researching climbing in S.America, Colombia seemed like it had good infrastructure. Bogota's so far I have discovered has got two indoor climbing centres, one bouldering and one rope climbing. I been told there may be more. There is suesca nearby and a Bucaramanga which are apparently famous for climbing, I hope to go there if I can link up with some climbers.
In regards to countries the impression I got for countries in S.America with good climbing - Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia and Venezueza. Sadly the impression I got was that Bolivia, Peru and Equador it was not that well developed yet.

schlomorig

Dec 4, 2011, 1:25 AM
Post #9 of 19 (2676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sameer.a.bhat] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In ecuador also there are a lot of climbing gym (rocodromo). I also find a few people to climb with near Quito. More info about climbing in ecuador on the monodedo website (monodedo.com). There are some climbing site near cuenca also in ecuador but didn't climb there.

lisashirin

Dec 4, 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #10 of 19 (2663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi everyone, I live in Buenos Aires and am always looking for climbing partners in South America. If you are interested send me a message and we can see if we can coordinate schedules/places. I have climbed many places in Argentina, Chile, , I am flexible about travel plans. Bolivia and Peru so let me know if you need any advice. FYI - now is the season to climb in Chile and Argentina, but not in Bolivia or Peru - it is the rainy/snowy season there. That doesn't mean you can not rock climb at all, but will depend on weather. The climbing season there start in May/June until Sept.

StephAus

Dec 12, 2011, 4:34 PM
Post #11 of 19 (2621 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lisashirin] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey All,
I am currently in Chile. Going to be studying in Santiago from March but from now until then I'll just be traveling around Chile (mostly), looking to climb as much as possible. I have a rope and extendable draws but not trad gear. I'm planing to be in Cochamo for all of Jan. Let me know if you come to Chile and need a partner! Also, anyone know a good spot to set up camp and just climb everyday?
Cheers,
Steph

mrefu

Dec 16, 2011, 3:09 PM
Post #12 of 19 (2599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

I'm going to be in El Potrero Chico starting in Jan 8th or so. I've got a full sport rack, including 70m rope.

I'm going to spend 2012 and 2013 climbing around central and south America, with no real schedule, so hit me up and we can see what we can do. I will be in Mexico until sometime around April.

Peace

JaseB

Jul 1, 2012, 5:44 PM
Post #13 of 19 (2310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi people. I'll be working out of Santiago Chile for the rest of the year (Jul 12-Jan13) and am looking for a climbing partner to do so Maipo Valley /local sport routes. Am 27 YO guy. I lead at 6a (ish) and will bring a rack /rope. Drop me a line if interested. Laters!

sawa

Jul 7, 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #14 of 19 (2266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hola como ondas ?

que tal tu viaje ?

I am travelling in the central america for few month
I have my stuff but not rope...and partener...
now in I am in Guatemala o lagos Atitlan and You ?
whats ur plan?
do you kwon an other website as it is one....where I can find many informations on this arera

si_pro_83

Jul 8, 2012, 7:38 AM
Post #15 of 19 (2257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sawa] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm currently in Colombia, going to Panama in 3 weeks and then through Central America to Mexico for the next 2-3 months.

We will probably cross so could arrange to meet up for some climbing. I have harness/belay/shoes etc. but no rope or quickdraws.

Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can sort something out.

bellsieshell

Jul 11, 2012, 7:27 AM
Post #16 of 19 (2203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be in Nicaragua from Aug. 17 to Aug. 30 (possibly in Costa Rica for the first few days of that time) and would love to do some climbing. I can follow trad or sport, and also love to boulder -- anyone who knows the local spots, I'd love to get out there with you! --Shellie

(This post was edited by bellsieshell on Jul 11, 2012, 7:27 AM)

Jazmin

Jul 15, 2012, 7:15 PM
Post #17 of 19 (2145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JaseB] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi
I am thinking about a climbing trip in argentina/chile from jan-apr2013. I'll be traveling on my own so not sure if it's hard to find climbing partners once you are there.
maybe you can tell me about your experiences? I'll bring a full sport rack and a rope, it will make it easier to be able to climb - I saw there are many climbers traveling with basic gear only.

cheeers, jazmin

sawa

Jul 16, 2012, 2:53 AM
Post #18 of 19 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JaseB] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hola como ondas?

I_ am in guatemala
where r u now and where You think we can meet ?
I am going to costa rica
I would like to climb and I have my basics stuff
let me knows
buen viaje

bellsieshell

Jul 16, 2012, 4:56 AM
Post #19 of 19 (2114 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sawa] Partners for Central and South America [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
where r u now and where You think we can meet ?
I am going to costa rica
I would like to climb and I have my basics stuff

Hey there, I'll be in Costa Rica from Aug. 7 onward, and I will be with a friend (traveling around, not available for climbing) until the 17th. But from Aug. 18th onward, I would love to climb! I do plan to go to Nicaragua sometime soon after Aug. 18th -- I fly out of Managua, Nica on Aug. 30th.

When will you be in Costa Rica?
-Shellie

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook