RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

genow1456

Dec 8, 2011, 1:20 AM
Post #1 of 13 (3077 views)
Shortcut

Sayin hi
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and get my name out there I guess lol but my name is Matt Genow and I started climbing about 4 months ago but I unfortunately live in Michigan lol so I only really get to do inside climbing but my plan is to start training and maybe do some bouldering comps, but ya that's pretty much my plan lol

LostinMaine

Dec 8, 2011, 1:43 AM
Post #2 of 13 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Re: [genow1456] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Please say "lol" one more time. It seems to be your preferred form of punctuation.

climbingtrash

Dec 8, 2011, 2:18 AM
Post #3 of 13 (3052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

genow1456 wrote:
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and get my name out there I guess lol but my name is Matt Genow and I started climbing about 4 months ago but I unfortunately live in Michigan lol so I only really get to do inside climbing but my plan is to start training and maybe do some bouldering comps, but ya that's pretty much my plan lol

Welcome to the sport lol

marc801

Dec 8, 2011, 6:15 AM
Post #4 of 13 (3015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

genow1456 wrote:
Who cares? You're not as important as you think you are. How old are you? 12?

I guess this noob didn't bother reading the site FAQ about not posting an intro, and somehow hasn't learned that peppering your posts with lol makes you sound like a giggling moron.

jae8908

Dec 8, 2011, 6:15 AM
Post #5 of 13 (3015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

every time you lol be sure that you're ready to take some harassment and be ready to lol about it. lol. that being said, welcome to the site and sport.

genow1456

Dec 8, 2011, 6:56 AM
Post #6 of 13 (3007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
genow1456 wrote:

I guess this noob didn't bother reading the site FAQ about not posting an intro, and somehow hasn't learned that peppering your posts with lol makes you sound like a giggling moron.

You can relax man, never said I was important and what are you? A 14 year old playing cod, that'll be enough of the noob talk. And I hope being an Internet bad ass goes well for you..... Oh ya... Lol

(This post was edited by genow1456 on Dec 8, 2011, 6:58 AM)

redonkulus

Dec 8, 2011, 7:21 AM
Post #7 of 13 (3000 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Meh, people like to be pissy on the internet. Don't mind it too much, most climbers are actually pretty cool people. Hope you enjoy the sport.

Oh, and don't leave trash at the crags 'n stuff.

sungam

Dec 8, 2011, 9:25 AM
Post #8 of 13 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

genow1456 wrote:
I used to live in Michigan, but then I left.

marc801

Dec 8, 2011, 3:09 PM
Post #9 of 13 (2938 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

genow1456 wrote:
marc801 wrote:
genow1456 wrote:

You can relax man, never said I was important and what are you? A 14 year old playing cod, that'll be enough of the noob talk. And I hope being an Internet bad ass goes well for you..... Oh ya... Lol
This is pretty mild as things go around here. Wait until you cross some of the more volatile personalities.

Suggest you read the two FAQ links at the top of this page: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ew&forum=16&

Quoting from that second one...
In reply to:
NEW FOLKS…
We are a dynamic community and some of the regulars have been around since the inception of rockclimbing.com. There are lots of covered topics so if you try to jump right in and start new threads, it will make everyone sad. Try responding to someone else's thread first, rather than starting your own.

Please do not, make a "hello" post or thread.

On a slow day 10 people may join the forums, on a busy day it may be 100. It's not a special occasion when somebody joins. So when you start a "hi everybody I'm new here!" thread it's like you think you're the Queen of Sheba or something. You’re inviting the lurkers to come out and toss you up a bit. {see above remark} So unless you are familiar with forum boards and can stand a bit of flaming right off, it would be better to just respond to a thread rather than start your own. Don't take it too seriously when someone calls you a "n00b", and accept that other users ask you to make a forum search before asking some over debated topics.

(This post was edited by marc801 on Dec 8, 2011, 3:14 PM)

SylviaSmile

Dec 8, 2011, 3:44 PM
Post #10 of 13 (2924 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jae8908] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jae8908 wrote:
every time you lol be sure that you're ready to take some harassment and be ready to lol about it. lol. that being said, welcome to the site and sport.

I have a Pavlovian response to lol . . . I just can't help but lol! Anyway, here's something else that makes me lol, since this thread is already demonstrably pointless.

Oh, and welcome, Matt! :)

(This post was edited by SylviaSmile on Dec 8, 2011, 3:45 PM)

jae8908

Dec 8, 2011, 3:52 PM
Post #11 of 13 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
jae8908 wrote:

I have a Pavlovian response to lol . . . I just can't help but lol! Anyway, here's something else that makes me lol, since this thread is already demonstrably pointless.

Oh, and welcome, Matt! :)
I am so glad you posted that. That is the best start to a morning I have had in a long time. It definitely made me LOL!

jamelongenecker

Dec 10, 2011, 7:02 AM
Post #12 of 13 (2798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jae8908] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the post.

(This post was edited by jamelongenecker on Dec 14, 2011, 9:49 AM)

rangerrob

Dec 14, 2011, 6:19 PM
Post #13 of 13 (2569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jamelongenecker] Sayin hi [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Genow you ought to be ashamed of yourself for not following the suggested guidelines for introducing yourself in a post!! Good God man....what if everyone started just willy nilly posting things like hello on here? The site would spiral into total chaos and anarchy.

Don't even think about letting people know you are jolly person by stating that you are..umm...laughing out loud. Who the hell do you think you are laughing about such serious things as climbing and internet posting. You mock the dedication and years of struggle, sweat, and hardwork of posters such as Marc from Utah.

Geez....grow up will you!

RR

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook