Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Bow Valley Drinking & Extreme 5.4 Climbers Information Hub. Lies, Innuendos, and Tall Tales.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 Next page Last page  View All

binrat

Sep 19, 2011, 3:07 PM
Post #2001 of 2012 (6460 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] Bow Valley Drinking & Extreme 5.4 Climbers Information Hub. Lies, Innuendos, and Tall Tales. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
Road trip starting next week!

Heading to Devils Tower and the Needles for a Birthday Road Trip. WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have too much fun waiting for the ice to freeze up in Alberta without me. Hahhahahahaha!

Laugh

If you're really looking for ice, I hear Shooting Galley has seen a couple accents already with "somewhat ok" conditions. Which likely means better conditions than my fist 3 days of Ice last October, so you should be able to find some pro and likely belays too.
Hmm, ice. :D

granite_grrl

Oct 5, 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #2002 of 2012 (6359 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] Bow Valley Drinking & Extreme 5.4 Climbers Information Hub. Lies, Innuendos, and Tall Tales. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
Road trip starting next week!

Heading to Devils Tower and the Needles for a Birthday Road Trip. WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have too much fun waiting for the ice to freeze up in Alberta without me. Hahhahahahaha!

Laugh

If you're really looking for ice, I hear Shooting Galley has seen a couple accents already with "somewhat ok" conditions. Which likely means better conditions than my fist 3 days of Ice last October, so you should be able to find some pro and likely belays too.
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip after you return.

the_climber

Dec 15, 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #2003 of 2012 (6088 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Bow Valley Drinking & Extreme 5.4 Climbers Information Hub. Lies, Innuendos, and Tall Tales. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Everyone!

It's getting to that time of year again, the BVX BEER REVIEW is coming up! Hey, the ACC calls there winter camp the "Ice Review"... as we're more of a drinking club with a climbing problem than them "BEER Review" has always been the traditional name for our camp.

As always the camp is the First weekend after the ACC Camp, Always around the 15th of January, always Friday through Sunday....

THIS YEARS DATES ARE JANUARY 13-15

The camp location is at the BVX Camp in the Ghost River Valley of Alberta. The site is located approx 150-200 past the diversion damn when driving into the North Ghost (Below Sentinel Crag).

I'll be heading out the afternoon of the 12th to start setting up camp early as I have always done in the past. Anyone interested in clearing camp, gathering wood and other assorted tasks is more than welcome to join in.... we typically do a night climb after set up.

I've been swamped with my work schedule and Renovations Schedule since returning from my road trip in the fall, however, I do have some help organizing the camp this year. That said there is always more that can be done. Anyone interested in helping out please contact me via email, or phone.

All the best, And I look forward to seeing everyone out there this January!

-Brenden Ramsay

(This post was edited by the_climber on Dec 30, 2011, 11:56 PM)

ljtuck

Dec 30, 2011, 4:47 PM
Post #2004 of 2012 (6009 views)
Shortcut

Banff Film Fest World Tour - Calgary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour will be shown in Calgary from January 16-22, 2012 at the Rozsa Theatre, University of Calgary.

This is the 29th year that this festival has been shown in Calgary. It is an opportunity to see some of the best and most exciting films from the 2011 Banff Mountain Film Festival.

Tickets and details are available online at http://www.MountainFilm.ca or from Mountain Equipment Co-op in Calgary.

This year the Best of Banff in Calgary will extend its program by adding two additional shows. These shows will be on Monday January 16th and a second show on Sunday evening January 22nd, 2012.

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/DHDGv1RR2v4

binrat

May 28, 2012, 3:12 AM
Post #2005 of 2012 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ljtuck] Banff Film Fest World Tour - Calgary [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It must be dead out at Bow Valley. No post since Dec.

darkside

Sep 17, 2012, 5:41 AM
Post #2006 of 2012 (5329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] Death and delusion in the BV :-( [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

binrat wrote:
It must be dead out at Bow Valley. No post since Dec.
Not really dead in the Bow Valley, I was out road biking yesterday, MTBing this morning, and multipitch trad climbing this afternoon. I saw lots of other folks out enjoying the great weather too.

On the other hand it's probably fair to say some things are either dead or nearly dead, like this thread, or the BVX phenomenon. Nobody goes to Nicks anymore, some of the folks originally involved in this thread don't want to associate with others, some don't talk to certain people, attendance at the winter camping weekends has declined considerably from what I hear, there's more months in a year than posts in this thread (so why does it still have a sticky). I sent an email out to a few of the guys last week and with a couple of exceptions got no responses (pretty sure they didn't actually die though).

It was pretty fun while it lasted but while some things round here may be dead, the Bow Valley is very much alive. Now if only someone would let this thread sink gracefully from view, it might stop folks having the wrong impression.

the_climber

Sep 25, 2012, 3:07 PM
Post #2007 of 2012 (5290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [darkside] Death and delusion in the BV :-( [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing and activity is still alive in the Bow Valley and surrounding environs.

Grant's last weekend out seems to have been stellar. My last day out was also a multi-sport huck-a-lung endurance fest. Others are out there charging it too. The activity is still alive...

The down turn happened because a group that was solidified due to a lack of the political BS that occurs in our particular sub-culture became political.

[/out]

binrat

Sep 30, 2012, 1:13 PM
Post #2008 of 2012 (5249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] Death and delusion in the BV :-( [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
The down turn happened because a group that was solidified due to a lack of the political BS that occurs in our particular sub-culture became political.

[/out]
Well that really sucks. I had a good time meeting everyone there a few years ago.

isaacoomber

Mar 14, 2013, 7:22 AM
Post #2009 of 2012 (4932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] MacGillivary Slabs (Bow Valley)- Pixie WTF? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Well, it is interesting and i like it. You are doing freat work and thanks for making such a nice topic.

http://www.waterton.ca/Dining.cfm

(This post was edited by isaacoomber on Mar 14, 2013, 7:23 AM)

clapton

Mar 15, 2013, 7:21 AM
Post #2010 of 2012 (4908 views)
Shortcut

Re: [isaacoomber] MacGillivary Slabs (Bow Valley)- Pixie WTF? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice post! Thanks I really enjoyed reading it! Keep posting.

http://www.welovephuket-thailand.com/phuket-resorts/
In reply to:

CamelCigarettePack

Mar 26, 2013, 1:43 AM
Post #2011 of 2012 (4835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clapton] MacGillivary Slabs (Bow Valley)- Pixie WTF? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbed at Barrier still a little snow melting ridiculously fast rad t-
In reply to:
shirt day out there.

Have fun,

Dan

isaacoomber

May 2, 2013, 6:56 AM
Post #2012 of 2012 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow! This is really amazing and i really like this idea. Thanks for sharing with us..

Thanks,
<a href=http://www.waterton.ca/Dining.cfm>waterton lake dining</a>

First page Previous page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook