RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Marc1

Jan 14, 2012, 4:40 AM
Post #1 of 3 (280 views)
Shortcut

yoseimte advice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey -

just looking for advise here -
have checked out all websites and super topo i think its called - anyways hoping to go this year - probable be after june as college till then -
what kind of grades would you need to be climbing to enjoy - i can lead vs trad and 5 b/c sport - have full trad rack - nuts and cams and all the rest -
whats the best rope/s to bring - is camp four the best option and would it be easy to hook up with people at my grades - do u need to bring your own tent for camp four and all the rest - anyways cheers in advance for any advice -

marc

carazco

Jan 14, 2012, 7:11 PM
Post #2 of 3 (268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] yoseimte advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

June will likely be hot, and crowded with both climbers and visitors/hikers. However, I have been to Yosemite in January and it was still "crowded" for that time of year.
As far as leading, I am not sure if you mean you can lead 5.5 or what, but I would think at least being a solid 5.9 would do you well in Yosemite. Depending on your style (where you learned to climb as well) Yosemite has incredible rock, however I think possibly it may be difficult for some people to adapt to the slab granite, but again, being solid on placing gear, and competence is mandatory.
Any rope is fine, I would personally prefer a 9.4 60m. Camp 4 is the best option to camp if your looking to meet up with other climbers, as there is a message board there. You will need all your own gear at camp four. (cookware, tents ect) Good Luck.

carazco

Jan 14, 2012, 7:13 PM
Post #3 of 3 (267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carazco] yoseimte advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and forgive me, I just saw that you meant 5 in the French grades......you will be fine there in Yosemite. You may get more info if you post this in the West Coast part of the partners.
Have fun!

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$12.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook