RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

ErikF

Jan 14, 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1670 views)
Shortcut

Camelback Parking Plan - Climber Input Needed
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climbers:

Kathi Reichert, a fellow climber who also happens to be the Parks and Recreation Deputy Director of the City of Phoenix’s Natural Resources Division, asked me to put the word out to the climbing community that the City of Phoenix is trying to work with the parking situation at Echo Canyon, the main trail entrance to Camelback Mountain.

As you all know, the parking there has been a problem over the years. It is compounded by the fact that almost all of the surrounding land is owned by residents of the Town of Paradise Valley, who by action and word do not have the interests of recreationists at the forefront of their concerns.

It is important that climbers participate in Phoenix’s efforts to find workable solutions. Please see Kathi’s announcement that follows. Send polite and fact-based comments to the individual noted, as well as try to attend the Public Meetings. We need to have climber input in this process or climbers’ concerns may not be heard correctly.

Thank you,
Erik Filsinger
AMC Land Advocacy Chair

Hello,

I want to update everyone on the status of Echo Canyon.

The December Phoenix Parks and Recreation Board meeting was cancelled and the next update to the Parks Board will be on Thursday, January 26th at 5:00 p.m. at City Council Chambers at 200 West Jefferson. Staff will be presenting the parking concepts and the public comments we received at the meeting from November 29th and by email. There is an opportunity at this meeting for public comment.

Below is the link to the website that has the parking concepts and also the power point presentation from the October Parks Board meeting.

We are still taking comments on the parking concepts so please feel free to email or mail in your comments. The email address is chris.ewell@phoenix.gov and the mailing address is Attention: Chris Ewell at 200 West Washington, 16th Floor, Washington, Phoenix AZ 85003.

http://phoenix.gov/parks/camelpark.html

curt

Jan 16, 2012, 1:51 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ErikF] Camelback Parking Plan - Climber Input Needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

link:

http://phoenix.gov/parks/camelpark.html

Curt

sonso45

Jan 17, 2012, 9:57 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Camelback Parking Plan - Climber Input Needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sent my comments; easy to do.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook