Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
new area
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kalen666

Jan 22, 2012, 5:36 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

new area  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: West: Dawson_Bluffs__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I bring forth the promised land. soon my children there will be newly bolted insanity of a magnitude that will cause your brain to melt and leak out of your nose.

guangzhou

Jan 23, 2012, 1:32 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kalen666] new area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I doubt it, but good luck.

kalen666

Jan 30, 2012, 5:20 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1046 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] new area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

were bolting the waterfall area with the large cave, an aid climb/ possibly super hard face climb. so much potential of hard lines, we kinda keeping the directions to the place secret until we bolt the stuff at hunters weve had out eyes on.

erborrego

Jul 19, 2012, 6:58 PM
Post #4 of 5 (813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kalen666] new area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, I was there in the what we used to call the "rock house" last weekend teaching my son and little brother how to rapell. The new routes look great! I can't wait to climb them, but I didn't have my climbing gear with me... I was wondering if you had any info on them yet (names/difficulty).

Also, I was wondering if you were envolved in a climbing club or group in the area... both Hunters Bluff and the Rock House (waterfall/cave area) are in DESPERATE need of cleaning... people have trashed the place! litter is EVERYWHERE! In the waterfall cave alone it looked like some campers came but left everything behind... sleeping bags, coveralls... Looks like some teenagers may have gotten carried away with spray paint too.. sad.. this place used to be so beautiful.. Anyway if you had a climbing club or group that would be willing to assemble and help clean up I could get some folks together as well and we could make this place look good again... what are your thoughts??
In reply to:

kalen666

Jan 9, 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #5 of 5 (608 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erborrego] new area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thats sounds like a great idea sir, i moved to california, but several of my friends are still into climbing, and with just a little motivation i believe the scene back home could flourish again.. give my friend jake meadows a shout out on here JMeadows is his screen name of somthing like that, but yeah dude hes the one who bolted most of the new stuff with me

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook