RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

lukerobitaille

Jan 24, 2012, 3:43 AM
Post #1 of 3 (561 views)
Shortcut

Kunming, China
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey!
Ill be in Kungming around end of jan. Anybody got any tips on where to go and where to sleep? Fumin seems best of what ive read but the kunming climbing site is down unfortunatly.

I have gear, rope and extra harness and climb 15.10.b-11a around that. Ill leave kunming around 14th of febryary.

peakchaser

Feb 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #2 of 3 (524 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lukerobitaille] Kunming, China [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry I just now saw this. First, go to Salvador's Coffee House (it's in the LP guidebook); a dear friend of mine, Colin, is one of the owners and is a treasure trove of information around Yunnan. Tell him Christine sent you. :) There is climbing developed more so in Dali (which is around a 40-minute flight or a few hours drive to the west from Kunming) around ErHai Lake. That whole area is awesome ...you should check it out for the culture and the outdoors. You can ask Colin about finding a ride out there. And while you're in there, grab some organic homemade chow...they support local, organic farming and cultivate their own honey too! Have a great time and PM me if you have any more questions.

lukerobitaille

Feb 2, 2012, 6:06 PM
Post #3 of 3 (515 views)
Shortcut

Re: [peakchaser] Kunming, China [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no worries, i havent gotten there yet because of spring festival, im leaving today. Thanks for the tips, ill go talk to him and see what he says.

peace

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook